IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This makes me want to throw up.
10/2/12, 7:56 PM   #11
Re: This makes me want to throw up.
SpfldMile

I don't like it anymore than anyone else on here, but it is just the world we live in. The thing that bothers me is that in the article they mention the horrific crash at Eldora. Kyle's crash by itself wasn't much, getting hit by another car was the scary part. I don't think a wing could stop that. It is true that cars without wings can flip, and keep flipping, like Jack Dover's wreck. At some point the impact from the pure speed of the wing cars has got to be almost as dangerous. Anyway, good luck to Kyle. Maybe we will get to see some open wheel stuff from him, at least the Chili Bowl.

10/2/12, 8:33 PM   #12
Tall Jackson

He is cashing Chips checks. I wish Kyle the best. Thanks for the memories!

Posted via Mobile Device

10/2/12, 8:37 PM   #13
reeserx

Sad part is this has been coming for awhile and many of us have refused to accept it myself included. He's too talented and will be a star in NASCAR so I wish him the best and thanks for some of the best racing I've ever seen

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: billwill7, Kansasdirtfan, RaceGirl06, sw1911
10/2/12, 9:26 PM   #14
rbfergus

Ask Brad Doty about a wing crash. A helpless racecar on its side getting hit is bad in pretty much all racecar divisions. I hope Kyle gets to race indy a few times before nascar like Tony Stewart did. A solid future no matter what !

10/3/12, 8:25 AM   #15
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

Billy Kimmel was killed in 2007 when the front end of a WINGED sprint car entered his cockpit up here at Williams Grove. Wings are only aluminum, not "bullet" proof steel.

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
10/3/12, 8:46 AM   #16
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Taco bell never sits well with me
There is a good reason that they used to use a dog for their commercials. What kind of meat you think is in that Chalupas.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, I Miss Manzy
10/3/12, 8:58 AM   #17
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I don't think non wing cars are any more dangerous than wing cars, but that is the rap they get. As for Kyle's deal, if I was Gannasi, I would probably want him to focus on my investment. Kyle is a nice young man and people will spend millions on his career, and expect a return on the investment. That is capitalism. I was surprised we saw him as much this year as we did. I wish him luck, and am glad I got to know him while he was here. I was at Eldora when the crash happened, and I thought both cars involved did good for preventing injury.
Wings are safer.....PERIOD

Non wing is COOL.....PERIOD

I guess somebody else thinks wings also make race cars safer as well as faster.

Non wing cars tend to have more violent reactions on the race track than Winged cars do when they get out from under the driver. Think of that old wing as a "SAFER BARRIER" on wheels. 4130 Chrome moly steel is a spring and bounces like one, kinda of like a super ball. That big aluminum box on top acts like a shock absorber and soaks up a lot of that energy that is generated in flip.

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: fish, Stevensville Mike
10/3/12, 9:49 AM   #18
Eldora Three

Too bad but he chose the money path. I wonder if Kasey Khane has been restricted from dirt also. It seems he didn't get in a sprint car much this year.

10/3/12, 10:09 AM   #19

You guys are totally missing the boat on this thing. They are not asking him to step away from wing cars because of the exposure. Wing cars get 10x the exposure nowing cars get. The last few wing races I watched on Speed, Kyle was interviewed after winning his heat race. Exposure equals sponsorships. When was the last time you seen a Non-wing Dirt Sprint Car race on TV? I get a winged race about every other week. Have not gotten a nonwing race in over a year.

2 members like this post: DAD, duel
10/3/12, 10:19 AM   #20
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldora Three View Post
Too bad but he chose the money path.
I think most of us, given the same choice, would take the money path. And for Ganassi to impose this restriction shouldn't surprise any of us. Kyle definitely has a gift, and I wish him the very best as he moves on in his career.

1 member likes this post: sw1911
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This makes me want to throw up.