IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo?
8/26/12, 4:58 PM   #51
Re: Kokomo?
burris7555

I will admit, I am not the biggest fan of Robert Ballou. But last night after watching him climb from the wreckage in turn one I got cold chills! The name Mad Man for sure sums it up!

This defiantly could have been a life altering event for many people in attendance. Even more so for the drivers and drivers family involved.

USAC, do the right thing. Quit catering to a select few. I know there is at least 9 other guys in the top 10 in points that help keep the power on in your offices.

Make an example that a points lead, one position on the track or a National Championship is nowhere as important as one drivers life on that track.

8/26/12, 5:21 PM   #52
Thyfault925

Does anyone know where USAC is on this? Have they at least stated that they will review or investigate the incident? When actions put lives on the line like that, there has to be something done, right?

5 members like this post: burris7555, Darlin, luckybuc97, mowerman, PIT CART
8/26/12, 5:54 PM   #53
thebus79h

Levi just posted on twitter that he didn't say it was on purpose. He said Jon said it was intentional.

I wasn't there so I don't know but from the pictures Robert posted... I sure hope Levi didn't do it on purpose.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: stanbrough4presidentgo53
8/26/12, 6:01 PM   #54
dirtfan98

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 5

Here is exact tweet! I saw it too!!
@levijones20: I am sorry that a wreck happened, but I never said it was intentional. JON said it was intentional and he would get me back.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/26/12, 6:02 PM   #55
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Halpert View Post
From the most reliable source I know...Levi shoved Stanbrough into the wall. Stanbrough flipped onto the track and hit Ballou on the front of the cage. Jon went over and gave Levi a talking to while the cops seperated Levi from some screaming, unhappy fans. Thank God Ballou is okay. When will karma catch up to Levi...he has no regard for other drivers. Everyone causes accidents, but he drives with no respect. Makes me appreciate DD even more. Can Ballou replace his new car? Will Jon be strong after this wreck? Levi has endless money and knows it...that's a dangerous combo for a driver who could apparently care less if people get hurt. I know USAC won't do anything, which is a shame. Ballou would get probation or suspension for causing that...Levi will probably get a not so stern slap on the wrist. 5-time champ or not...Levi, you have no respect whatsoever from this fan...I've seen it too many times...you're a disgrace.Posted via Mobile Device
I complained about Levi blocking last year at the Burg and people tried to tell me I was crazy. I have watched him race for over 16 years when my son raced go carts st the same races. 5 time chump and Stewie hasn't moved him up?

8/26/12, 6:17 PM   #56
webster7

If Levi did indeed admit he intentionally wrecked Jon last nite and in the process destroyed equipment and sent a driver to the hospital, then USAC needs to act. Pay him for 24th last nite and a 2 race suspension. Who am I kidding?? USAC making a rational decision?

4 members like this post: flatlander51, JON'S MOM, mowerman, Speedwrench
8/26/12, 6:35 PM   #57
BrentTFunk

Here is the way I see it. I am glad Jon did not get hurt. He sure could have. But as I told Kevin Briscoe Thursday, I don't like when those calls are made, because then you have to call all of them. There were a lot of close calls in the racing this weekend. The action from about 4th to 12th in the B was pretty intense. The problem is a sanctioning body can not make a call based on what someone heard happened. Only Jon and Levi know what was said, and with emotions that high anything could be taken wrong. I do know this, I have watched Jon race since the 80's and that is the maddest I have ever seen him. The only thing I am truly concerned is about is how Robert Ballou is doing. I did get a kick out of all the internet racers on here who weren't there, didn't see it, and still knew what happened and what punishments should be handed out. What insight some people have. I was there, and I did not have a good enough veiw to say for sure what happened. I will say this, I think this should keep interest up for the battle for the championship. Get well soon Robert.

8/26/12, 6:38 PM   #58
thebus79h

In my opinion Usac decided to make these calls when Robert was put on probation.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/26/12, 6:40 PM   #59
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster7 View Post
If Levi did indeed admit he intentionally wrecked Jon last nite and in the process destroyed equipment and sent a driver to the hospital, then USAC needs to act. Pay him for 24th last nite and a 2 race suspension. Who am I kidding?? USAC making a rational decision?
You didn't answer me the other day. When are you going to promote a race and show everyone how its done? Never. For the same reason you won't use your name.

---------- Post added at 6:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
In my opinion Usac decided to make these calls when Robert was put on probation.

Posted via Mobile Device
I agree and there in lies the problem.

2 members like this post: K9Racer, koolaid89
8/26/12, 7:00 PM   #60
reeserx

All I know is..I like Levi but if in fact he did wreck him on purpose some kind of punishment needs to be dealt. Ballou tweeted a couple hours ago that he was going back to the hospital because his back is messed up. When he flipped and landed upside down with the motor full throttle, Kokomo speedway was silent for a moment, we were all in shock of what happened. Then Stanbrough as I've never seen him before went over to Levi and yelled at him and I believe gave him the finger, personally I've never seen Stanbrough do that as he's always calm. I left after that so I didn't see what happened in the pits but it's just a bad deal for everyone involved. Ballou has a junk car with basically what was a brand new motor that had 2 races on it beforehand.

Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo?