IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown info
8/20/12, 5:47 PM   #11
nonwing79

Go west on sr rd 22 until you get to 750 west turn south go a couple of miles and it is on your right.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
8/20/12, 5:51 PM   #12
Re: Smackdown info
Sprintfan1985

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Without going on mapquest which is the easiest way to get to Springhill Campground from the track?
The easiest way with the least rode changes are to head south from the track on davis road. You will come to the stoplight which is morgan and davis road(Hotdog stand on right). Continue through that and you will come to a stopsign. That is Davis road and Washington. Head South on Washington passing through several stoplights until you get to Sycamore or State Road 22. There will be a Walgreens on the Southwest corner and city tire on northwest side of the road. Turn right there(heading west). You will continue on that until you get out of town. It will be marked as state road 22. You will continue on 22 until you get to county road 750 west. Turn left(south) there and continue on that for a little over a mile and a half and it will be on the right(west) side of the road. Its very simple with only taking those roads. You can go out through the county but its harder to remember
Last edited by Sprintfan1985; 8/20/12 at 5:53 PM.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, Tim Watson
8/20/12, 6:29 PM   #13
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintfan1985 View Post
The easiest way with the least rode changes are to head south from the track on davis road. You will come to the stoplight which is morgan and davis road(Hotdog stand on right). Continue through that and you will come to a stopsign. That is Davis road and Washington. Head South on Washington passing through several stoplights until you get to Sycamore or State Road 22. There will be a Walgreens on the Southwest corner and city tire on northwest side of the road. Turn right there(heading west). You will continue on that until you get out of town. It will be marked as state road 22. You will continue on 22 until you get to county road 750 west. Turn left(south) there and continue on that for a little over a mile and a half and it will be on the right(west) side of the road. Its very simple with only taking those roads. You can go out through the county but its harder to remember
Or you can turn right at the B&K (Morgan at the light) go west to the T (Morgan & Phillips) turn left go south to Sycamore / 22 ( you will go past three lights on the way to 22) you will pass a Woodys, Speedway gas station and a Souplys liquour store before you get to 22 Turn right on 22 (west go west on 22 past the hospital, McDonalds, Taco Bell, two drug stores another Woodys. Krogers and K mart are one block north of the Wallgreens at Sycamore & Dixon) Go west until you hit 750 west, turn left (South) and like Sprintfan 1985 said it is on the right a mile or so down the road.

Now just as you go out of town on Sycamore / Dixon (Woodys /C.V.S. Walgreens/ McDonalds and a resturant called Windmill Grill if you stop there tell them Josh sent you) Go west to the Marithon just ouside of town turn left at the station (South) Santa Fe go past the first stop sign (Carter) then the next street is Tumbleweed DR. turn left (east) go to the curve and you will run right into our house if you miss the turn. 410 Tumbleweed. Hope I did not confuse you as it is easier than it sounds. There is a lot on the west side as far as gas and food, good neighbor hood.

I forgot to say these streets are very truck and trailer friendly, you can continue west on 22 to 29 turn left (south) and that turns into 421 at 465 on the west side of Indy. Two lights and little traffic, a lot faster than 31

Jerry #66j
stida.com
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 8/20/12 at 6:35 PM. Reason: Trailer friendly

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
8/20/12, 7:19 PM   #14
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I agree. To borrow a phrase from the Blues Brothers.....Mr. Funk can you say "were putting the band back together".

My Dad also has some video of the band playing, Jack Hewitt was dancing around!
That might be a good video to bring with you. Anyone got a big screen??

Seems as I remember one of the IOW members were seen dancing with a trash can...or one of the poles...I cant remember which one now.

Maybe we could settle for him singing the National Anthem??

In the meantime I am holding his photo he wanted me to get my next door neighbor to sign hostage. I'm not giving the photo back till I get a "Tony Funk and the Homewreckers" bumper sticker for my toolbox !

8/20/12, 7:59 PM   #15
Jerry Spencer

The weather is supposed to be perfect with sun and mid 80s but just a warning it is cool when the sun goes down 50s and 60s I like it but you may want to bring warm clothes as it is very cool for August. We are currently getting some R@#$ with 66 degrees, the rest of the week is going to be perfect.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

2 members like this post: rclaridge, speed bump
8/20/12, 8:04 PM   #16
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Jade and Mowerman have offered showers at his motorhome all 3 nights for a small fee of a case of Budweiser for a 10 second shower,

2 members like this post: mowerman, Onlydirt
8/20/12, 8:24 PM   #17
wilbur

Will there be plenty of tickets available Saturday? I'd be them now if i knew how many people I was bringing.

8/20/12, 8:38 PM   #18
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

can i buy reserved seats for sat. and then also upgrade to a pit pass for $5 at the gate like what we were able to do for the Outlaw event.

8/20/12, 8:44 PM   #19
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
Jade and Mowerman have offered showers at his motorhome all 3 nights for a small fee of a case of Budweiser for a 10 second shower,
Good one Dave.

8/20/12, 10:28 PM   #20
bmemmer

so does anybody know if all seats are reserved ? wont be buying tickets til thursday when i get there didnt know if like the top ten rows were reserved or if everything was and u would just have to get best available

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown info