IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at ELDORA
8/10/12, 10:09 PM   #101
Re: MMSA at ELDORA
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaracing View Post
To bad this great opportunity is gonna knock some racers out of their point standings!!!!!

We should blame this thing on Tony Stewart, I guess ol' Smoke thinks a kid should be old enough to make up his own mind if he wants to go out there race on that big old track and not have it in the hands of his parents or guardians. This track is BIG and BAD You fall asleep and things happen awfully awfully fast.

If the rookie of the year or perfect attendance award is all that important in your life I suggest go out Monday Morning see a lawyer and get the Kid emancipated. Then he can race wherever and with whomever (USAC) he wishes. It has been done several times in the past, I think Tony George did it twice himself.

He is still your kid, when emancipated you will still have to live with your actions. Good Luck.

Honest Dad himself

8/10/12, 11:31 PM   #102
choppergeorge

Can anyone confirm this will be videoed, and if so, where can it be viewed. I am from Christchurch, New Zealand and would like to watch this
Darryl Harris

1 member likes this post: Copperhead
8/10/12, 11:35 PM   #103
Copperhead

DAD, the point is not him racing. The age restrictions at Eldora make sense. The point is that this boy has made every single event in this club, had some really rough luck, and has showed up with a smile on his face every week. I'm not saying take the title away from any other driver and give it to him, I'm saying let them all have an equal chance to earn it. Yes, there are more important things in life than awards and trophies and such, but what do we all want when we strap on the helmet in the first place? You only get one shot at Rookie of the Year.

Bill, I see you're on this thread as I'm typing this....your thoughts?

8/10/12, 11:46 PM   #104
karmaracing

Thanks for that last post my thoughts exactly

1 member likes this post: racer22r
8/11/12, 8:52 AM   #105
Bill May

The MMSA does not resolve it's problems on any message board, I have been in personal contact with the family involved. Any others who want information about this situtation or other MMSA business can contact me personally. my phone number and email is out there, or see me at the track.

If you can't do any of the above, watch the MMSA website for post race report and comments, in the meantime, consider that there are pro's and con's to all situtations.

Bill May

7 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, DAD, fish, Jrp4554, Phylo82, scott bradley1x, Xflagman
8/11/12, 9:01 AM   #106
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
DAD, the point is not him racing. The age restrictions at Eldora make sense. The point is that this boy has made every single event in this club, had some really rough luck, and has showed up with a smile on his face every week. I'm not saying take the title away from any other driver and give it to him, I'm saying let them all have an equal chance to earn it. Yes, there are more important things in life than awards and trophies and such, but what do we all want when we strap on the helmet in the first place? You only get one shot at Rookie of the Year.

Bill, I see you're on this thread as I'm typing this....your thoughts?
Did you say "EVERY" race this year? How many races has he missed this year exactly with MMSA?

Honest Dad himself

---------- Post added at 9:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post
The MMSA does not resolve it's problems on any message board, I have been in personal contact with the family involved. Any others who want information about this situtation or other MMSA business can contact me personally. my phone number and email is out there, or see me at the track.

If you can't do any of the above, watch the MMSA website for post race report and comments, in the meantime, consider that there are pro's and con's to all situtations.

Bill May
NUFF SAID, PERIOD END OF QUOTE.

Honest Dad himself

8/11/12, 2:46 PM   #107
backitin

How come they just dont count this one race towards the rookie of the year ? NUFF SAID, lol

8/11/12, 3:15 PM   #108
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
How come they just dont count this one race towards the rookie of the year ? NUFF SAID, lol
Now we're talking. Give everyone championship points, but no points towards rookie of the year!

8/12/12, 12:10 AM   #109
Bradleyracing86

Rob Winks takes the checkers at what we hope will be the first race of many at Eldora. I believe the night was a overwhelming success for the series with many new faces. 27 cars signed in and a full field started the feature. Fast mini sprint time was set by Aaron Farney and I believe it was the fastest time of the night for any class.. I think 2 motors met there maker, and one car was damaged in what was the only crash of the night.. I want to thank Bill May for his continued dedication to the sport and the series and Tony Stewart for having us at Eldora...!

This series just needs some sponsors to really grow!!

Posted via Mobile Device

8/12/12, 1:16 AM   #110
mscs20

[QUOTE=Bill May;295008]In the early 90's the amsa raced at the Richland Co. fairground 1 mile track in Olney, Il, Green to checker, a Kentucky driver won.

Bill,
The fairgrounds at Olney IL is a 1/2 mile, not a 1 mile. Big, narrow, and flat for sure. We ran a MSA sprint car race there once in 1977. Everytime there was a spin, it blocked the track and they would have to throw a red flag.
Congrats on a good car count and a safe race at the "Big E"

Steve

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by mscs20; 8/12/12 at 1:19 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at ELDORA