IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clayton
7/11/12, 3:03 PM   #1
Clayton
John P Huss

Anyone know if he'll be running entire sprint week?
Best Regards,
John

7/11/12, 5:18 PM   #2
Slider812
Banned

I really doubt it. I'm sure he'll try to make a one or two. It's really hard for him to run much with very low budget and raising a family. If he had some sponsorship or found a couple grand in the back yard then yes he would run more often. I know if I was ballin out of control then he would have a full time ride.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, wideopen24
7/11/12, 10:07 PM   #3
Re: Clayton
Relentless Racing

I plan on running Haubstadt at this point but no others. Lack of funding and -$100 Temporary Pass payouts and entry fee's aren't peaking my interest at the moment. Tommy and the whole Tri-State/MSCS crew have the right ideas and i will support them and local tracks as i get the money together. My apologies to any disappointed fans but plan on seeing me more often for sure. See you on Saturday and wish everyone a fun and entertaining sprint week!

-Daron Clayton

For those wondering about the "Bone Head" move Friday night at Bloomington my LF brake line snapped off on the front stretch at the start. Sorry for those who got caught up in that incident it wasn't part of the agenda i can assure you...

7/12/12, 11:45 AM   #4
Slider812
Banned

No need to apologize Champ. Just keep it real and we'll see you at TSS.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/12/12, 3:47 PM   #5
Sawdust101

We will still stand with you and want to see you at the track. We are still your fans and always will be. See you at Tri-State!

2 members like this post: rdzsprint, speed bump
7/12/12, 4:20 PM   #6
ossuks

What is a $100 temporary pass? Is that per race?

7/12/12, 6:09 PM   #7
Joltin Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
What is a $100 temporary pass? Is that per race?
From what i understand if you are not a registered member of USAC and running sprint week under a temporary permit you will receive $100 less per finishing position. So instead of $500 to start and $5,000 to win non members will get $4,900 to win and $400 to start.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/12/12, 6:21 PM   #8
racephoto1

-$100, slap the locals again. Remember USAC, you need them more then they need you, for no locals means no show.

Why cut the purse for the locals, just up the money for the regular USAC driver. Seems a lot more logical to me.

Also , you can't say it doesn't effect car counts, Daron Clayton just proved that.

7/12/12, 6:50 PM   #9
cshuman

Unfortunately most if not all found out about this $100 cut weeks later when they received their check.. Seemed like this, along with alot of other things just sneak up and are never really made public knowledge. Another example would be the point fund, which im not sure it has even been announced yet, and it is now July? But that's a whole different topic to get into. My question would be that every sprint week venue agrees to the same purse, $22,450, but if say 10 non members make a show.. Does USAC give the promoter $1,000 back at the end of the night??

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: babcock14d, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, racephoto1
7/12/12, 6:58 PM   #10
treecitytornado

So you are saying if you are a non-member, you get 400 to start instead of 500, when they send you a check? Basically 100 bucks off of anything you win? Does that mean the local guys don't get the 100 dollar tow money if you miss the show?

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clayton