IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown at Iowa
6/24/12, 12:54 PM   #11
Re: USAC Silver Crown at Iowa
midget96

I know Kevin's name always comes up concerning the very fast down turn of USAC, but why does no one mention the board. Don't they have any say so ?????

1 member likes this post: ronmil
6/24/12, 3:30 PM   #12
goat

These cars are a throwback to the champ cars. Wikipedia lists 16 INDYCAR owners 27 cars 15 races. Not all owners actively racing. Silver crown cars 10 owners 16 cars 9 races. Seems about right. Houston we have a problem.

6/24/12, 6:33 PM   #13
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by midget96 View Post
I know Kevin's name always comes up concerning the very fast down turn of USAC, but why does no one mention the board. Don't they have any say so ?????
Since Johny Capels retired "The Board" at USAC has taken on a new look, with the exception of Jeff Stoops I am not sure if there is anyone with open wheel roots on the board? The present cast that sits on the USAC Board where all appointed by Kevin Miller , thus , he has no one to answer to!I'm sure there is a name that I have missed on the board and someone will correct me, but the just is , it is Kevin's show.

To give an example of the present board and there connection to the day to day operations at USAC : I was retired by USAC in January, the following August I ran into Jeff Stoops and he complimented me and told me to keep up the good work!! Now in his defense, there is a member of the management team at USAC that has a problem telling the truth, maybe he told some "stories", who knows?

But this thread is about the dwindling number of teams now supporting the SC series. As I stated earlier, they where not wanted or needed , "why do we need "and "how do we do away with them" was the theme.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown at Iowa