IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TinTops at Lawrenceburg
6/17/12, 3:37 PM   #31
treecitytornado

At Lawrenceburg your crowd wants to see Sprint Cars for sure!

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: DWX 9929, PIT CART, rdzsprint
6/17/12, 3:57 PM   #32
reeserx

I, for one like the support classes, they help keep prices down and sometimes are better then the sprints but! If it's that bad, call it..when a feature drags on and on, it gets boring and no longer fun to watch, JMO

Posted via Mobile Device

6/17/12, 4:04 PM   #33
Re: TinTops at Lawrenceburg
Sprints!

Sign me up to pay more then, if that's what it takes

1 member likes this post: ISF
6/17/12, 4:41 PM   #34
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
so what happens when a sprint car feature has 18 cautions? is that perfectly acceptable?

Posted via Mobile Device
No. As I said earlier if one the cautions would have caused a red for injury or track damage, that would not have been bad, and that should NOT count against a time limit. One thing that made this worse was one of the cautions was intentional. The driver spun in the infield well off the track. He then drove onto the track and stopped, only to restart on the tail and spin again. If he would have rejoined the race without causing a caution by stopping that would have been OK. In this case a black flag was in order.

1 member likes this post: billw
6/17/12, 6:08 PM   #35
lazyifoto

My new rule, After the 3rd yellow when racing resumes ( when the leader crosses the start/ finish line ) a ten (10) minute clock starts to the drop of the checker. When the clock expires the white comes out ( if racing ) and the next lap or whomever is the leader is receives the checkered flag ,and the race is over......that's in my world. You've given the class a chance to race and the crowd does not have to endure endless yellows...... And the ten minutes is displayed on the scoring clock in count down mode .....thank you the end.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/17/12, 6:47 PM   #36
batch56

Brent, not trying to cause trouble or an argument but the same thing happens a lot in a sprint car race. See a lot of cautions due to stopping on the track. I dont think they pop out of gear as much as people think JMO. Quarter midgets are the worst....kids are taught to hit the kill switch if they lose their momentum. The black flag creates a judgement call from track personel. I dont like it either but dont know how a track would control it? I also do not disagree with a time limit but if they do it for one class they need to do it for all classes.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: awnunn, BrentTFunk
6/17/12, 6:51 PM   #37
pepprdig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHayes818 View Post
Modified feature tonight at Lawrenceburg:

From first green flag to checkered:

20 Green flag laps

63 Laps under caution (at the minimum)

Just over 44 minutes

Brutal...absolutely BROO-TULL

Check the time of this post...and I only had to drive 14 miles to get home.
The sprint feature 2 weeks ago was over an hour. No one complained about that

6/17/12, 7:02 PM   #38
Doin' It In The Dirt

I understand the mods took a long time time to get over with. Sprint cars have bad races as well as every other class in racing. I have gone to the burg for years and have seen a lot of great mod races in the past. Sometimes way better than the sprint features. The guy who won the mod feature (Adam Hamilton) has been racing and trying to get a win for a long time. Week after week I have seen him try to win and luck was just never on his side. Last night he got his first win. His first win on a track where some of the best mods couldn't keep it straight. I'll bet that was one hell of a fathers day present for his father. I'm sure people will post more about the money they spent to see sprints or midgets. If you only go to a track to see one class maybe you need to become a NASCAR fan... It's dirt track racin. Lets keep it alittle grass root. Just sayin.

6/17/12, 8:54 PM   #39
TommyBahama

If I own the track, their "right" is determined by how many of my fans paid to see them race, not how much those guys paid to get in to race. Take away the sprints and midgets, how big would your crowd have been?

What's the profit margin on how many mods were there last night? I'm glad I went to Waynesfield instead, and it was dry slick huggy pole and sucked, but it beat this debacle. I sure wish promoters would just do a couple of races without the punishment of watching the mods or stocks or whatever, I'm fine with the downtime, just get me out at a decent hour.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/17/12, 9:05 PM   #40
Doin' It In The Dirt

TommyBahama without stocks, mods, karts, or whatever. There wouldn't be as many talented sprint drivers as there is now. It's a starting point for these guys. It amazes me how one bad race does this to certain people. Take it for what it is. Without the sometimes boring stuff to watch there might not be sprint car racing.

2 members like this post: batch56, pepprdig
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TinTops at Lawrenceburg