IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway
6/11/12, 8:02 PM   #11
Re: Bloomington Speedway
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Dosen`t make any difference what kind of track it is if you are the winner.It`s the best track in the world.
Some like it some don`t. ---- I like em tacky with a big cushy. -----

5 members like this post: babcock14d, Jackslash.com, racefan20, Red Clay, ronmil
6/11/12, 8:10 PM   #12
Red Clay

First off, congrats to Brady on his win Friday! There was some passing that night, but that was, in my opinion, one of the worst tracks that I have witnessed at Bloomington. It was dusty and dry, slick all night, which made them appear about as fast as the Hornets (no offense). Brady mentioned when the track slicked off he became one of the guys to beat, so I understand Don not wanting any water on the track. I personally attend Bloomington Speedway hoping to see a heavy fast track that builds a big cushion up top like the old days to enable two grooves. I understand it makes it difficult to pass a lot of cars in the heats, but the added speed and still racy track in the feature is a better show to me. I know Brady can win on any surface and wish him luck. I would also like to thank Don for what he does for the sport. If the track is going to be like that though, then I will change my screen name from Red Clay to Red Dust. Bloomington is my favorite track, having grown up near it, but I hope that it can get back to what I remember. Good luck to the new management! Allen Cody

6/11/12, 10:53 PM   #13
DANO34
Inactive Member

been going to bloomington for over 34 years and last friday was the worst ever down there when they pay the water bill and have water for the track we might come back

2 members like this post: Ch138, ronmil
6/12/12, 7:11 PM   #14
TheMick

WOW,Looks like Bloomington has everybody in an uproar!I myself felt a little bit burned a couple weeks back after driving all the way down there and finding out they along with Gas City had cancelled racing for the night due to impending inclement weather (It never rained 1 drop by the way) Now it looks like the Track was Bad last week.Still Die hards will travel for the great shows that comes with following Sprint Cars in Indiana and I am sure one of them!See you guys Friday and hopefully we will get a great show!
Last edited by TheMick; 6/12/12 at 7:13 PM.

6/12/12, 8:02 PM   #15
Tim Watson

I will be in da house, representing the state of cheeseland!

6/13/12, 4:28 AM   #16
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

I was there and wasn't impressed with the track conditions but, I will be back for midget week.. After last week, it can only get better. You just can't build a track on race day, it begins days in advance. See ya Friday

6/13/12, 11:13 AM   #17
dshort36

I do like to see water on the track and conditions better than what they were last week.. however i prefer last week over any other race night there this year as it has been so wet that only half the track is used most of the night creating very little if any passing.. especially in the heats.....we have not had a good cushion , where it needs to be, yet this season.. we need a racing surface from top to bottom so all of the drivers can show us what they have and not just follow the leader by luck of the draw...i am looking at this at a driver and crew chief point of view and not that of a fan... i know fans enjoy a little faster speed , and i appreciate that, but there is a happy medium and the new owners have yet to figure it out...and we are all hoping they do soon...their efforts are appreciated just not clicking right now..on another note putnmville had a similar racing surface last week and have heard it was some of the best racing people have seen in a long time.....my opinion respectfully to all

4 members like this post: 38DD, Dirtfan, Mattvp52, Red Clay
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway