IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brady Bacon
5/20/12, 10:30 PM   #1
Brady Bacon
jjones776

Hands down best driver in the nation. Open trailer, closed trailer it don't matter he runs hard.

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: fasster23, K-Dawg30, Pine, SprintcarZF, TeeJay09
5/21/12, 1:13 PM   #2
Re: Brady Bacon
Andrew S. Quinn

To bad you dont get North of I-70 much Jones,you missed a good night of racing last night!

1 member likes this post: Jimmydiesel
5/21/12, 2:16 PM   #3
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

Brady bacon is a gaser. I seen him at the world of outlaw race at haubstadt. I just wish i had some money. I would hire him to drive for me.

2 members like this post: MacTexas, TheMick
5/21/12, 3:32 PM   #4
TheMick

Passed alomost everybody after blowin a tire at the Burg Saturday night!

5/21/12, 9:57 PM   #5
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones776 View Post
Hands down best driver in the nation. Open trailer, closed trailer it don't matter he runs hard.

Posted via Mobile Device
Quite a statement for a kid that had a shot touring nationally and didn't quite get the results? What about the Larson kid? He won more quality races last year than most have in a life time!

3 members like this post: Brakeline, burris7555, TeeJay09
5/22/12, 1:31 AM   #6
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Quite a statement for a kid that had a shot touring nationally and didn't quite get the results? What about the Larson kid? He won more quality races last year than most have in a life time!
The timeframe in which he had that shot was a millennium ago in young racecar driver years...heck he was barely one year out of micros when that deal came about for him...and if memory serves that operation didn't win many races that year, Bacon or the other drivers, in the 70", 87" or 100" cars...wasn't Kevin Swindell part of that team then? How many races did he win for that team? I'm thinking I could count them on one hand and still have enough fingers left to hold my cigarette. Does anybody want to argue that Kevin Swindell can't get results? Jesse Hockett (R.I.P.) ran that owners WOO car half a season in it's early stages and he didn't do any better or worse than the other handfull of guys who sat in that seat the first couple of years. I doubt anybody out there is willing to say Hockett couldn't get the job done.

I may be really sleepy and brain dead right now but I sure can't remember any of the KKR USAC cars/drivers setting the world on fire the 1st couple years he dove into openwheel ownership with both feet. So to blame a 17 yr old kid who had never raced on that side of the Mississippi river for the lackluster performance of the whole stinkin 6 car team really doesn't make sense to me. It would be insane to think any driver could have kicked major butt in that situation...new team with more cars, parts and trailers than they could count, crew members who hadn't ever worked with each other or the drivers...etc etc..

Put Bacon in that kind of operation these days, a team with all the bugs worked out...after 4 solid years of on the road experience, and see what kind of results he gets...wait a minute, he's already getting killer results...driving for himself...running the show on his own..running the same car winged non winged, 360, 410...he has been touring nationally the last 3 years....truly nationally...and winning or running top 3 in every variety of car he races.

5/22/12, 8:00 AM   #7
old time Hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing410fan View Post
Brady bacon is a gaser. I seen him at the world of outlaw race at haubstadt. I just wish i had some money. I would hire him to drive for me.
What is his lineage? There was an Eddie Bacon from Texas that ran very strong back in the 1950's. Is Brady from that family?

5/22/12, 8:20 AM   #8
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones776 View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
Not going to get in a whizzing contest here, I love your passion, we all have the ones we like. I happen to be a Levi fan and I will soon need both hands to count his championships, also I feel Hagen might be the best midget driver in the country, there are a ton of wing guys that have won a couple 100 races or so (or 550 some). The Larson kid did a pretty nice job the first time he crossed the river (and has already won more races this year than 99% will). "Hands down best driver" is alot to spit ??

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
5/22/12, 11:06 AM   #9
zeromotorsports

I think he is hands down the best driver. And thats my opinion. And I can spit it all out

Posted via Mobile Device

5/22/12, 11:39 AM   #10
reeserx

I think we are really lucky to have two drivers that can wheel whatever they want and be successful.. But that's just me

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: zeromotorsports
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brady Bacon