IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Rainout Makeup from 4-28
4/30/12, 10:53 AM   #11
Re: Lawrenceburg Rainout Makeup from 4-28
TeamCGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
I guess I struggle to see what the can of worms would be with the MSCS show, other then we would all be there? Just a pretty big group of guys that hauled from one rain out, to try and support the show you were putting on, only to get wet again, and now won't get the opportunity to make it up

Posted via Mobile Device
Casey, I truly wasn't sure if anyone was going to bring up the exact points you have; thanks for that.

Dave, I know it is a tough deal but many teams did haul a long way to support the effort even with the strong possibility of Rain. That, along with the expenses incurred for being there and racing, would make me think there must be a date between now and October when you could make up this race and not have it conflict with other shows. It would give all the teams in that race a chance to make up their losses. Could have been a hell of a race Saturday if you would have scheduled for this weekend. Unfortunately, you will most likely have a feature on the 12th with 10 cars.

Again, Rock/Hard Place; fully understood. But I believe there are/were other options. Thanks for listening..

Pete G.

3 members like this post: cshuman, Jrp4554, kawkaw2
4/30/12, 8:18 PM   #12
kingpin

Dave, I have to agree with Casey and Mr. Gulick on this! At least nine or ten cars race MSCS which is on the 12th at Tri-State. I would agree to run the make up feature after the MSCS show this weekend when most of us will already be there. Advertise two features for this weekend and you can sell the stands out. Race fans get to see two loaded features in one night. It would be a win win for the racers, the fans and the track. Not a track owner or promoter but it sounds good to me. Respectfully Robert Jackson/ Jackson Racing/ #3

3 members like this post: cshuman, Jrp4554, kawkaw2
4/30/12, 8:45 PM   #13
sprintace20
Inactive Member

I really don't understand why the features would not be run this weekend. There is only about 8 MSCS cars that will be there aside from most the cars we had this past weekend. Having the make up race on a USAC night when most of the cars that towed this past Saturday to support you is hard to swallow. I got a pit pass and cant use it this weekend and thats fine but having both features this Sat would be the right thing to do for everyone involved. Just my opinion.

1 member likes this post: cshuman
4/30/12, 8:53 PM   #14
kawkaw2

I agree with the other racers, scheduling the makeup against USAC on 5/12 doesn't make sense given that most of the cars we are talking about are USAC, especially when having the makeup this this week with no conflict is available. What is the problem with having it with MSCS??

1 member likes this post: cshuman
4/30/12, 9:10 PM   #15
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thanks for everbody's imput, But like i said not everyone will like the decision. There is alot of reasons we scheduled the makeup features the following week. I have contracts that i can't default on, and many more reason beyond that. Once again i apologize. If you know me, i want the best for everyone.
Thanks, Dave

4 members like this post: Drtchsr, mowerman, pepprdig, R A K
4/30/12, 10:23 PM   #16
ossuks

Putnumville must have been rained out Saturday

4/30/12, 10:42 PM   #17
sprintgal

I wonder if anyone's contacted the MSCS about this? I just don't understand what can of worms would be opened or how this would default on the contract(s).

Posted via Mobile Device

5/1/12, 6:08 AM   #18
wideopen24

I agree with all the racers that to the racer/ fan it seems like this weekend would have been the better weekend to run the make up show. There will be 8-10 cars by my knowledge that will not come back for the make up race do to USAC race.

BUT....

As a promotor think about this... This weekend Dave knows he will have 30-35 cars and the stands will be full. Everyone will be there because it is an MSCS race that pays $2500 to win. The following weekend is a regular local show... In the past Lawrenceburg has struggled to get 20 cars a night... Scheduling the make up show for a regular night not only may bring more cars to his regular program but also give him 2 special events to sell his fans rather then just one...

I am also stuck in a tight spot with this but understand it.. I was committed to racing at Fremont Speedway with B.O.S.S. Its the season opener and in "wing country"... I really wanted to be part of this event and now am forced to make a finical and moral decision...

Just remember Lawrenceburg did try to race and we have to be greatfull for that....They could have pulled a Kokomo and canceled...
Landon Simon

5/1/12, 6:58 AM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
I've been going to races for 60 years and this is the first time I've heard of a track paying someone who doesn't show for a makeup race. It sure never happened while I was on a crew (over 20 years) or a club official (another 25 years). Amazing.
Put me down on this view.

I've grown to know better than to get in on that if/when situation.

Get well Shawn. I knew when we didn't see you that something was up.

Thanks for the teams that came down Sat! Loved what i seen.

Thanks Rudy
That is all!

1 member likes this post: Drtchsr
5/1/12, 8:34 AM   #20
hupp#9

I agree Landon as a promoter I'm sure that's the way he's looking at it also, but at the same time like you said I'm sure that's not the only reason of he says he can't do it this weekend he can't do it. Dave busts his balls every week for us and he knows and feels bad that some people can't make it back that's why he's paying 100$ to whoever can't make it most people wouldnt give them anything for not taking the green flag..

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cmiracingvids, pepprdig
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Rainout Makeup from 4-28