IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TQs set to race at Greensburg Indy 33
4/26/12, 3:44 PM   #21
Re: TQs set to race at Greensburg Indy 33
bigmojo5

Greensburg is a town with very deep racing roots. Carl Fisher, one of the four gentlemen responsible for building the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, was born there. Former Indy 500 winner Wilbur Shaw lived there, and once flipped a bicycle in the city streets.
There has been racing at the county fairgrounds for many decades. With TQ racing, it goes back almost to the beginning.

Mayor Gary Herbert, his brother Daryl, and father are long-time racers. They are good people. Daryl once loaned me an old driving uniform so I could drive a TQ.

The one race I promoted in my life was at Greensburg, the Tree City Fall Festival Classic, in 1992. This is the kind of community that filled the grandstands that night, and when my track watering equipment broke down, the mayor at the time sent over the fire department with their trucks to help get the track in shape.

There is not a bad location from which to watch a race. I have always thought this place had tremendous potential, with a little investment and tender loving care. It sounds like some of that is happening. Eliminating the old grandstands is most likely a blessing.

My only regret is that I CANNOT BE THERE.

Jim Morrison
Editor
Hawkeye Racing News

3 members like this post: Danny Burton, short track scott
4/26/12, 4:54 PM   #22
goodoleboy24

The mayor gary herbert called today to let us know the they have pushed the feature winner pay to $1000 to win plus the $20 a lap. They have raised 2nd place money to $600 and third place to $450. They are also paying $100 to the hard charger of the race. This is a great event put together by the mayor and the go greensburg comittee. Their hard work is greatly appreciated for all of us at the king of the tq midget series.

Thanks
terry eaglin

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
4/26/12, 8:08 PM   #23
TQ29m

Just read on Umra. they will be using transponders Sat night, nothing like keeping everyone in the loop! Bob!

4/26/12, 9:03 PM   #24
goodoleboy24

No transponders just raceivers

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
4/27/12, 8:37 AM   #25
PAW

If run Sunday,what time?

4/27/12, 8:43 AM   #26
speidel21

temps look much better now for saturday, 60 degrees, hope alot of people showup to support Terrys races, he always runs a good program.

4/28/12, 11:18 AM   #27
LovetoRace

any word from greensburg. not looking very good. when it rains out what times are we looking at for on sunday?

4/28/12, 11:39 AM   #28
treecitytornado

Not looking good for sure!
Last edited by treecitytornado; 4/28/12 at 11:49 AM.

4/28/12, 11:46 AM   #29
SP Motorsports

I JUST spoke to Terry Eaglin.

The race has NOT been cancelled - yet.

The mayor is the one making the call. He told Terry he will wait until 1:00 and then make a decision.

4/28/12, 11:47 AM   #30
treecitytornado

Ok.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TQs set to race at Greensburg Indy 33