IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Twin Cities
4/4/12, 3:01 PM   #1
Twin Cities
Dr. Brown's Sprint C

I've seen several comments regarding the recent "No Way Out 40". I've gone to this facility several times over the years, but this year's race I decided to stay home. Why? The restrooms are nauseating, the catch fence is terribly unsafe and you never know what type of racing surface you'll find once you get there. This must agree with the "local" race fans, and it's evidently ok with the ownership! Who knows if the promoters have voiced their opinions about the conditions at this track. I did notice that this year's sprint field was only 33 cars! The promoters could offer $10,000 to win, and it still would not increase the sprint field! This facility had potential at one time, but not any more. I will never return until it has new ownership dedicated to better restrooms, a safer track and a more businesslike approach to race programs.

4 members like this post: Chastain75, Colin25, scooter99, wideopen24
4/4/12, 3:27 PM   #2
Re: Twin Cities
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Brown's Sprint C View Post
I've seen several comments regarding the recent "No Way Out 40". I've gone to this facility several times over the years, but this year's race I decided to stay home. Why? The restrooms are nauseating, the catch fence is terribly unsafe and you never know what type of racing surface you'll find once you get there. This must agree with the "local" race fans, and it's evidently ok with the ownership! Who knows if the promoters have voiced their opinions about the conditions at this track. I did notice that this year's sprint field was only 33 cars! The promoters could offer $10,000 to win, and it still would not increase the sprint field! This facility had potential at one time, but not any more. I will never return until it has new ownership dedicated to better restrooms, a safer track and a more businesslike approach to race programs.
While some of this has merit IMO, you might want to sign your name to your rant...uh post to gain credibility in these here parts.

4 members like this post: mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, racefan20, ronmil
4/4/12, 3:35 PM   #3
treecitytornado

Yea, so somebody that diagrees can call him out by name and put him down like one of my 6th graders in the classroom. Differing opinions are great and that is what this site should be about, but there are several who have no respect for others. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.
I do agree 100% with what he said!
Thanks.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Phylo82, UpOnDaCushion, Wayne Davis
4/4/12, 3:39 PM   #4
TQ29m

Having been to North Vernon on lots of occasions, mostly on track, and knowing the facts behind why it isn't maintained any better than it is, my personal opinion is, there is no better place, maybe even in Indiana, to watch, or race a Sprint car, hands down, the best, or was, till the current owner bought it, thinking he was going to get USAC Sprint week races at Putnamville, Vernon, and TH, but after he bought Vernon, and leased TH, the cards fell the other way, and he got nada, nothing, so, he leased it to Mr. Fleetwood, whom I believe, has tried to keep up with it's failings, but, can you blame him for not spending the kind of money, it would take, to put it in what a lot of folks consider, another Bloomington, or Lawrenceburg, course there again, most folks realize where the revenue comes from for TH Burg, and that's OK, but for a guy that is only "renting" the place, to put that kinda money in it, would be like a guy told me one time, you've all heard of the 10 footer, banks wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole, well there is another one, they call people who want to float a loan for a resturant, "30 footer", I think that's where getting a loan to update a race track falls in, Just wish someone with the finances, would buy it, and be willing to put the money in it, to return it to what it can be. Just Sayin! Bob!

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
4/4/12, 4:34 PM   #5
triplexxx

First of all I would like to thank Mason and his wife for promoting this event.What a great race in the the name of one of our friends we lost.We wouldn't have missed this race for nothing.We all have our opinions and sometimes we express them weather the are good or bad.The weather didn't do us any favors on friday which carried over to saturday and yes it might not have been the best racing conditions but we still raced.Mason could of easily pulled the plug but instead we went on to race on saturday.Thanks to the Fleetwoods for promoting this event hopefully we can do it again next year.

Thanks Again

Brian Cripe

4/4/12, 4:48 PM   #6
BlANDJR

The track was a lil rough but it rained really hard the night before and friday the track was going to be good the racing was good its either to slick or to rought what kinda tracks you people want atleast mason is putting up a big money race he is trying to help out the races thanks mason for putting on this race

Jeff Bland Jr

Posted via Mobile Device

4/4/12, 4:48 PM   #7
treecitytornado

I agree Bob! Tellman and Associates promoted it in the early 2000s and had Pete Abel getting the track ready for most of 2001. They payed great weekly and tried to keep the facility up too. Pete has been the best to ever prepare Twin Cities hands down!

Posted via Mobile Device

4/4/12, 5:14 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im not going to comment too much as everyone has their own view.

I HAD A GREAT TIME AT A DRIVERS TRACK WITH 33 OF THE BEST DARN SPRINTERS THIS SIDE OF THE MIGHTY MISSISSIPPI! and the restrooms weren't that bad either!

4 members like this post: awnunn, Johnhunt, Speedsme61x
4/4/12, 5:45 PM   #9
monkeyboy

Sounds like most of you guys should just wait for updates or watch it on jackslash. No matter what track you go to the race you see some of you guys will find something to b!tch about. How are the bathrooms worse there than putnamville or btown? They all seem equal to me. And if your going to the track to hang in the pisser what does that say about you? The catch fence is laughable but how about the catch fence in the corners at terre haute? My only complaint about the weekend not enough wild turkey.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: awnunn, BlANDJR
4/4/12, 6:17 PM   #10
Phylo82

We enjoy racing at Twin Cities.....really missed it last year when the 1000s didn't run there.

I can deal with lousy toilets and stands that look like they were built pre-WWII. My only concern is when it comes to safety.

A couple of years ago a comet went through the fence and darn near into the woods for two reasons. Number one, the dirt had gathered too high against the wall and only a couple of feet of wall was still exposed. Number two, the fence was in lousy shape.

We'll check it out in a couple of weeks when the 1000s run.....if we don't think it's safe we won't be back.
Last edited by Phylo82; 4/4/12 at 6:19 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Twin Cities