IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > North Florida All Star Results
2/2/08, 3:36 AM   #1
North Florida All Star Results
AlkyMadness

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

I'm typing this back at the hotel in Jax after being on the road for 10hrs today, so this is going to be brief cuz I need some sleep.

Tonight's $3000 to win All Star show at North Florida Speedway drew 28
entries.

Sam Hafertepe took the win followed by Dale Blaney and Randy Hannagan. Lance DeWease turned in a nice fourth for the best PA Posse finish and to start off his 2008 schedule that is truly Outlaw. If that team actually pulls off the sked on his website, they'll wear out the highway.

Hafertepe started on the third or fourth row and quickly moved into contention and passed race leader Blaney (started third). However, Kaley Gharst slowed on the front stretch and brought out the only caution. This gave the lead back to Blaney who held on to it until he went high in turns three and four and got bogged in the loose stuff. Haftertepe seized the moment and took the lead.

This was my first visit to N. Florida Speedway (and I believe the first time they've run 410's). The racing was good in all the heats and the feature. Amazingly, there were no reds for the entire evening and the entire show (also ran UMP Mods) was over by 10:30. Which was good, because it was getting cold.

A few of IOW's favorites were on hand. Casey Shuman was in a black/white #4. Sorry to say, he didn't make the feature. First out of a transfer spot in the B-Main.

Neil Sheppard was there. Had a great run going with Rahmer in his heat but didn't really have anything in the feature.

One of the heat winners was a red car and the drivers last name was Morgan. I thought they said Dustin Morgan (the PA wasn't the best).

The heat winners were Hodnett, a black/orange 11c, Morgan and Gharst. Greg Wilson won the B-Main.

Looking forward to tomorrow nights $5000 to win show.

After a Winter break, it was great to feel the thunder and smell the alky.

2/2/08, 7:34 AM   #2
Re: North Florida All Star Results
Dwight Clock

Thanks, Alky! Get some :sleep:

2/2/08, 11:17 AM   #3
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

That most likely was Dustin because I saw his name in a 360 run down from Thursday.

11b BROCK MAYES
11M BRANDON MARTIAN

2/2/08, 11:43 AM   #4
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Glad to see Alky on the board again. Thanks for the update.
Monica

2/2/08, 12:38 PM   #5
gasitup71

...Aero is correct...Dustin Morgan will be driving the #8h for car owner Junior Holbrook in number of winged races this season...this is the same car Shane Stewart started the 2007 season in before joining the Doyles Harley Davidson team...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > North Florida All Star Results