Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili bowl rules
2/1/08, 9:31 PM   #11
Re: Chili bowl rules
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ View Post
Kerry,
Doin' fine!
Keep me posted if you do build something, I am one hell-of-a gopher!
And besides, the last time I was in Tulsa, Emmett Hahn bought me a $100.00 worth of beer, true story I have witnesses!
:thumb
emmett didn't pay for that beer,we did:O:

2/1/08, 10:34 PM   #12
CAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
emmett didn't pay for that beer,we did:O:
Never thought about it like that.
Thanks!
:wink

Seriously though, everything was all done and over and we were DRY! I saw Emmett and just ask him where we could buy some beer since all the vendors had closed, he reached into his pocket pulled out a 100.00 bill and the keys to his Mercedes and had this guy drive me down to the local Stop N Go to get beer.

On the way there I ask the guy driving Emmett's Mercedes how much beer we were going to buy and he said, "the man gave us a hundred dollar bill to buy beer, I ain't gonna insult him by taking him change" we spent 99 dollars and some odd change!

When we got back I thanked him and Emmett said, "my pleasure, enjoy" so we did!

I didn't want to insult the man neither!

What a guy!:thumb

2/2/08, 1:00 AM   #13
Hawker

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerfan View Post
52,000 rpm, who has the rear end gears for that? That'd be wild. Maybe we will see Davey Ray in that New Zealand V8 midget he just won in next year in Tulsa.
I am also told the preliminary nights pay zero.
52,000 rpm is a bit misleading. That is the turbine speed. The final drive shaft speed is between 6k and 7k RPM. A variable speed drive would have to be made to be able to control the speed. The RPM of the engine would remain at 100%

Check out this motorcycle that is powered by the same engine... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui5kf6q3GRk

2/2/08, 8:07 AM   #14
badgerfan

Thanks for posting that clip. Kind of reminds me of years back when Granatelli brought the turbine to Indy and they immediatly made a new rule. They do have amazing power to weight ratios.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili bowl rules