Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica in the Prelude
3/14/12, 11:48 PM   #31
Re: Danica in the Prelude
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@ScaleSprints View Post
I dont have a problem with Danica, I have a problem with the media shoving her down our throat.
I really don't have a problem with Danica either. I do have a problem with the media constantly telling us how great she really is. The no hands, no look feature that she brought over to NASCRAP is just one of many things the media (mostly Darrell) have noted. I am just waiting for the Prelude so Darrell can tell us how she invented dirt track racing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/15/12, 12:08 AM   #32
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
Hope she wins, don't understand why people are always bashing on her and hating on her. Is she the best driver? Absolutely not. Is she the best female race car driver in the history of auto racing? Most likely. It's a story. It generates interest. Even people watching just for the sake of people bashing her is still exposure and attention to the sport. Best of luck to her.
I agree except for Danica being the best female driver, I gotta go with Sara Fisher. I wish she could have caught the breaks needed to do NASCAR. And I'll add Erin Crocker won a WOO A main, I think that's pretty strong. Jessica Zemken pretty tough as well.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: billw, flatout18, SPRINTCAR, spruett
3/15/12, 4:57 AM   #33
Danica in the "Prelude To The Dream"!!....
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Unless I'm mistakin'.. It's T.Stewarts Charity Event isn't it,why not direct all this crap bout Danica's invite towards him?? where ya think it came from??.....unless you've been under a rock or locked up in some joint....him & Jr. n' a few others have afforded some opportunities that some just dream about!!...get over it,she's here!!...don't like it,not go'n!!..why not order it for the Donation,have a Race Party!!..Stewart always thanks all who helps the cause...on Camera Live!!...who knows,you mite not be sorry for orderin' after all!!..your friends will thank you for the Race Party!!.....JMO!!......

7 members like this post: dirt330, IndyBound, lilrim, RadRacer, reeserx, TQ29m
3/15/12, 6:29 AM   #34
snoopy

I would put Stephanie Mockler on the list for talented lady drivers. On the other part of this, I believe that Danica has run the #9 midgets when they were developing the Ford engine. I also think that dad used to run Angel Park.

3/15/12, 7:13 AM   #35
BrentTFunk

I don't need the media to hype her. I get more imformation on this board. Some people on here are obsessed with her.

3/15/12, 7:19 AM   #36
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

The event is great for charity which is the bottom line. She'll add more to that.

Having said that, the event is a circus (meaning a media circus). There are some guys that run dirt and are good at it. There are some that are clueless on dirt. This is just another act to add under the bigtop. I don't attend and don't watch on PPV so really doesn't matter to me.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
3/15/12, 7:56 AM   #37
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
She makes Dale Jr's popularity in NASCAR seem like he's Dale Blaney on a national news level. I know Dave Blaney is a WoO champ. I can't blame anyone who is cashing in on this. Kyle Busch hasn't done too bad at the Prelude.

I won't bother watching it, solely on the oversaturation of her, we can't forget it really is a NASCAR race. I think she isn't any worse and even better then some of the rent a racer at Joe Gibbs and a few of the other decent N'wide cars and drivers.

Posted via Mobile Device
Dave Blaney is always recognized as A WoO champ. Why don't people remember that he was also a USAC Silver Crown champ? Without Googling it, I believe the year was 1984?

7 members like this post: apexonephoto, davidm, dirt330, Gregg, jim goerge, Mud Packer, SPRINTCAR
3/15/12, 8:47 AM   #38
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Dave Blaney is always recognized as A WoO champ. Why don't people remember that he was also a USAC Silver Crown champ? Without Googling it, I believe the year was 1984?
I believe also when Dave won the Silver Crown championship he was the youngest driver to do so at the time.

1 member likes this post: Seadog
3/15/12, 9:03 AM   #39
Rpracing1

Sorry, But I wish her nothing but the best... Good Luck!

2 members like this post: davidm, RadRacer
3/15/12, 9:08 AM   #40
Eagle14

If its pay-per-view, she better have her HBO TaTa's out... then I'll feed the Children, and Jerry's kids, and Joey's Kids, and whatever other Charity I'm feeding.

Past that, It's gonna be great, some poor SOB (which in all actuality it will be a TSR car) but could some team be approached with this proposition?

"Hey we have the Prelude coming up and would like to have your car out their with a professional Nascar driver in it"

"Why sure whos the Driver?!?!"

"Danica Patrick"

"Oh....."

(Crew huddles briefly) "Do we have any Sh*tboxes that are bent every way from Sunday that we can bolt together, give her a crate motor from a street stock and do up a nice body?"

Most of the crew: "Can we just turn this opportunity down"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica in the Prelude