IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac to announce new national sprint car incentiv
1/27/12, 5:30 PM   #11
Re: Usac to announce new national sprint car incen
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Think there will be a lot of Luke Warmwaters out there???????

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
1/27/12, 6:38 PM   #12
dant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
It means just what it says. See the part named "Loyalty Incentive."
Run a local show without permission and you are out of the tow money, 5 free pit passes etc. You have to run 100% of their races and no where else without permission to get these benefits.

BTW, I am not complaining. I don't plan on running for USAC points or traveling with them, so it only helps me since we won't have to run against those guys every week.
..theres nothing in this press release about tow money or pit passes ect...where did you get all your information?

1/27/12, 6:52 PM   #13
SteveD

Great idea....pay the teams not to race. Heh, it works for the Dept of Agriculture. Win Win for everyone. Maybe they wiil pay the fans not to watch.

1/27/12, 7:26 PM   #14
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
Incentives sound pretty good to me. I'm sure sombody won't like it.
You called that one right.

1/27/12, 8:54 PM   #15
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dant View Post
..theres nothing in this press release about tow money or pit passes ect...where did you get all your information?
USAC Competition meeting. Nothing set in stone, but those are things that were discussed as possibilities.

Vukie
Didn't say I didn't like it and I am absolutely not complaining because it doesn't affect me directly, in fact it will help.

Mudpacker
That is exactly how I am looking at it.

I'm done.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
1/27/12, 9:11 PM   #16
dant

thank you gofast.....the money part is great for the racers,rewarding the guys financially who help USACstay the premier non wing sprint car division is admirable

1/27/12, 10:26 PM   #17
Avon Open Wheel fan

I am not complaining but there could be pros and cons if you can not race at local tracks. Maybe they should at least allow each driver to have so many chances to run some local races if it does not interfere with USAC shows. You have to set the field fair and give every driver the same amount of passes to race the local shows.

The only problem I can see is the smaller teams that may know they are not top ten material may just say the heck with USAC and run the local tracks if the big names wont be there. This could possibly hurt the fields instead of help USAC. I would like to see all the drivers in the top 20 get something for staying loyal to the USAC races.

I hope this works out for both the local tracks and USAC. This could give some smaller local teams a chance to win at the local tracks.

1/28/12, 1:06 AM   #18
spicoli

Say it ain't so....

USAC would restrict their top ten from performing at the tracks and in front of the fans that made them the top ten???

That would be a serious case of making yourself taller by standing on the shoulders of who got you there.

Make racers more money....by making them buy a backup car to race when USAC isn't??? Really??? Show me that business model.

I hope this isn't the way things will be.

i.e.I am from the government and I am here to help.

For all of you who say USAC is now bringing the big bucks and this should attract more cars and drivers.....who was paying more for non-wing in the past than USAC???? The guys that want the big money are already there.

1/28/12, 1:35 AM   #19
buckshot3448

sounds like a bad idea to me especially if this is similar to what WoO is doing. Indiana non wing racing is all about running every night you possibly can against all the big name drivers. Thats what makes you a better driver. Im not saying that the local guys are not good but you step your game up when people like dd show up to race. Hopefully they decide to let the guys still be able to race when they want and where they want as long as they run all the usac shows they get the incentive.

1/28/12, 2:00 AM   #20
dustbowl

I'm expecting the rule to be the same for the car owners as it is for the drivers, which really doesn't restrict a whole lot. If it is a full restriction, however, there is going to be problems (of course as someone stated earlier, there are lots of loopholes around that). I just don't see a full restriction. The point fund and incentives are a great start. The outlaws can impose restrictions a lot better, because for one their nightly purse and amount of huge money shows, not to mention gigantic point fund, but also the amount of travel and the amount of races they run are enough to satisfy.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac to announce new national sprint car incentiv