IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mike Minarik Titanium Midget
11/22/11, 1:51 PM   #31
Re: Mike Minarik Titanium Midget
Jack Dupp

I am darn glad that there is a venue for outside the box thinking and engineering exercises. Were it
not for the graphics one could hardly distinguish any sprint, midget or champ car from another.

With such brilliant chassis weight savings perhaps
they might consider this little fella for the driver:

2 members like this post: DAD, JDFAST
11/22/11, 4:01 PM   #32
groove grabber

just think if you could get the " Sammy Swindell" version with audio control and mute, You could market the robot as having lifelike expressions also

11/22/11, 4:24 PM   #33
DAD

Looks like too much grass really screws up his sensors.
Do they make him in Ti?

11/23/11, 12:22 PM   #34
Beer Goggles

Is it true that he has to tie the chassis down at night in the garage, or else it will be up at the ceiling in the morning ?

11/23/11, 3:38 PM   #35
c_dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbler View Post
I wonder if the powers to be will let this car actually run? I believe there is talk they will not allow the NZ built V8 Synergy engine back? Perhaps they are starting to introduce some rules to this race??
What exactly was the reasoning for not allowing the Synergy V8 cars back? Ray Boyles enters a car with V8 engine every year. I would love to see those two cars back with Pickens and Mosen in them again.

11/23/11, 4:58 PM   #36
darnall

Boyles car is a V6 ford SHO engine....I would imagine that the synergy V-8 is illegal for the same reason the ECOTEC spec engine is illegal....dual overhead cam....

Yes, thats right...a $10,000 265 horsepower spec engine is illegal at the chilibowl...because of the DOHC...my car owner was heartbroken to learn this last week after having put a RRE ecotec in his sons car.

11/23/11, 5:09 PM   #37
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
Is it true that he has to tie the chassis down at night in the garage, or else it will be up at the ceiling in the morning ?
Nah, old wives tail, it's Ti, not Hel! Bob

11/23/11, 8:06 PM   #38
Revolution Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
Boyles car is a V6 ford SHO engine....I would imagine that the synergy V-8 is illegal for the same reason the ECOTEC spec engine is illegal....dual overhead cam....

Yes, thats right...a $10,000 265 horsepower spec engine is illegal at the chilibowl...because of the DOHC...my car owner was heartbroken to learn this last week after having put a RRE ecotec in his sons car.
Well I'll take it as a compliment. Emmet's not afraid of a Ti Chassis but my litte EFI engine just terrifies him!

Everybody thats going - have a good time down there, it's still one of the best weeks of racing anywhere....

1 member likes this post: DAD
11/23/11, 9:36 PM   #39
Dwayne

Quote:

Does this mean I cant run my Offy?

2 members like this post: DAD, Revolution Racing
11/27/11, 8:32 PM   #40
Roy Bleckert

Quote:

Any one know what the rules are on SOHC engines @ the CB or for that matter any rules @ the CB LOLLLL !!!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mike Minarik Titanium Midget