IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Buckley Yoke thoughts
10/7/11, 12:38 AM   #11
Re: Buckley Yoke thoughts
GIBBS

Thanks everyone for the great thoughts about the Yoke. I ran with the Yoke on a 360 winged car for many years, even won a championshipp with it so I was a fan. but I was not sure if it worked good on a non winged car.

10/15/11, 5:17 PM   #12
Bluteam

We modified a steel maxim torque ball shield. Everything is studded in the motorplate as I was worried about the yoke stripping the threads in the magnesium plate. We machined two holes above the grease points of the yoke, and have no problems accessing anything for maintenance. Protecting the fuel pump is of concern, but I wanted to wait until it was installed to see how much room I had for a plate across the top. I plan to add that piece now.

On the first race out with this he took a spectacular crash that junked everything but the engine/fuel/elec system, the seat, the driver, and what you see in the picture. The torque tube was broke and the driveline was wound around the torque tube hoop, but the yoke was still good and nothing in this area was compromised.

We run both the Buckley Yoke and a regular torque ball, but he really hasn't had enough experience to tell a difference. I just wanted to share what we put together for a guard.

10/15/11, 11:00 PM   #13
Bad Dad 54

I know of one driver that is missing some toes running this open tube deal. Another said they bolted it through the engine plate & ran it a long time. I'd say just keep a close eye on it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Buckley Yoke thoughts