IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > any updates from TSS
9/18/11, 10:48 AM   #51
Re: any updates from TSS
Clydesdale

This process took 15-20 minutes, from the time they got pushed onto the track from their four-wheelers to when the flag man lined them up to go racing. How is that faster? And yes, I do agree with you with the mod b, that was crazy.

9/18/11, 11:31 AM   #52
David Lynch

Quote:
Haubstadt continues being the most overrated track in the country. Full of dust and flying grit and dragging the show out to do track prep when it doesn't make the track any better. Anyone who tries to state that it is better than Kokomo or even in the same league is legally insane.

Never come back to TSS, you won't be missed, or do you want to come back so you can ***** again.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones776 View Post
Say what u want race fans but this race was not much better then last night a Bloomington. Pretty uneventful
Posted via Mobile Device
If you didn't like last nights race, stay home next time. The Bloomington, race friday was a waste of my time & money. Worse race ever at Bloomington.
Last edited by David Lynch; 9/18/11 at 11:57 AM.

1 member likes this post: D.A.K.
9/18/11, 11:31 AM   #53
cmcooper2

Yeah Dustbowl, the show will go on without you regardless of your ignorant posts. Obviously you must go to LPS and Bloomington all the time and have those guys basically do no track prep at all and then watch follow the leader in the feature. Tommy prepares this track so the fans will get to see a "RACE" but like I said the show will go on without you. There were more people their lastnight than sprintweek and I think they were impressed!! Alittle dusty but hell they were running 50 laps with only 1 caution, what did you want a bunch of wrecks???

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
9/18/11, 11:44 AM   #54
David Lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
Haubstadt continues being the most overrated track in the country. Full of dust and flying grit and dragging the show out to do track prep when it doesn't make the track any better. Anyone who tries to state that it is better than Kokomo or even in the same league is legally insane.
The most un-fan friendly track in Indiana is Kokomo. If you need a spit cup,you can't even bring in a empty cup or coke bottle, you have to buy the coke in their consession stand. That is greed for every penny that can squeeze out of the race fan. Kokomo fan friendly, that's a joke
They will never get my money again.

9/18/11, 11:54 AM   #55
BrentTFunk

I thought the show was OK. I do think there was too much down time. With out the long ( yes it was long) rework of the track, the show definitly could have been done earlier. I had origionally plannned on Winchester today, but am too old and too tired since I got home at 3:45 this morning. One of the things that helps Haubstadt's surface is they are central time, but the majority of their particpants, and quite a few of the fans live in the eastern time zone, so I feel they need to consider this when dragging out the show. As for being an overhyped track, I think you have to consider the sources of the over hyping. I think the people who run the place have a pretty nice track.I got out of the parking lot at 10:35, Which is 11:35 IN time. I also think the entertaining part of the race was the first 20 laps, and a 30 lap race would have been just as good if not better. I will still go back.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lynch View Post
The most un-fan friendly track in Indiana is Kokomo. If you need a spit cup,you can't even bring in a empty cup or coke bottle, you have to buy the coke in their consession stand. That is greed for every penny that can squeeze out of the race fan. Kokomo fan friendly, that's a joke
They will never get my money again.
Some people go for the racing. They don't care about the other crap. You are one of the people who really hurt Tri State with your "eveything is always perfect" quotes on this board.

5 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Clydesdale
9/18/11, 12:04 PM   #56
ekohl23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
First trip to Haubstadt this year. Friendly staff, clean. Pretty good racing, but not the best we've ever seen there. The fastest car won last night. They should've let the USAC announcer work with Racin' Jason, and not let the one guy that wants to hear himself talk all night. He is terrible. He had some drivers from three different hometowns throughout the night, and he gave line-ups at the last minute. All the guy wanted to talk about was Stoll's buffet. That guy must have unlimited meals there. The place isn't even that good. I understand having an intermission, and re-doing the track for a big race, I have no problem with that, but an hour break? Really? After re-doing the track they lined up 12 cars on each straightaway, which wasted about 20 minutes, instead of just pushing off from the hot shoot. Got back to the Indy area a little after 2:30. Easily could've been 1:30ish if they cut out all the unnecessary stuff. Don't they realize that a lot of their fans come from a long distance, beucause the place is out in the middle of nowhere.
Your post has got to be one of the most ignorant rants I have ever seen. It was mainly a MSCS sanctioned event with rules and everything so thats why they had MSCS announcers. And the announcer kept talking about Stoll's because it was the main sponsor for this event!! He was talking about Stoll's and talking them up because of what they did to make this race possible. TSS is the BEST prepped track in the Nation. I guess you have no clue about QUALITY. MSCS lines the cars up so all the fans and little ones can get a glimpse of the cars up close. And TSS in the middle of no where? The more I read this post I just realize how dumb you really are. If you want to keep ******** you can take a long walk off a short pier. We don't want your negativity back at TSS. I'm sure they'll do just fine without your business.

4 members like this post: rdzsprint, rmcar, supdh56
9/18/11, 12:22 PM   #57
bballr4567

The downtime was 23 minutes. That is not long at all. It gives you enough time to get down to piss, get concessions and bs with friends. The longest part of the night was the mod b main.

It was the dustiest it has been all year but I've been to worse. The weather this summer hasn't helped any at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/18/11, 12:28 PM   #58
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Where is the " I disagree" button when you need it??

5 members like this post: Jimmydiesel, skids59, Speedracer, SPRINTCAR, SprintManDave
9/18/11, 12:36 PM   #59
David Lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekohl23 View Post
Your post has got to be one of the most ignorant rants I have ever seen. It was mainly a MSCS sanctioned event with rules and everything so thats why they had MSCS announcers. And the announcer kept talking about Stoll's because it was the main sponsor for this event!! He was talking about Stoll's and talking them up because of what they did to make this race possible. TSS is the BEST prepped track in the Nation. I guess you have no clue about QUALITY. MSCS lines the cars up so all the fans and little ones can get a glimpse of the cars up close. And TSS in the middle of no where? The more I read this post I just realize how dumb you really are. If you want to keep ******** you can take a long walk off a short pier. We don't want your negativity back at TSS. I'm sure they'll do just fine without your business.
ekohl23: I agree with your post

2 members like this post: Flatrightrear, jerrythar500
9/18/11, 12:48 PM   #60
Andrew S. Quinn

I like it when TSS has a race there. Helps liven the board up with which track is the best track in Indiana. Posts from people that werent even there. The best prepped track in the USA. (Sometimes the most over prepped track in the USA my.02) Dont come back you wont be missed!! I'm sure the Helfrich's like those posts at $22 a pop for adults to get in,i'm sure they want you to come back!

I've seen really good races there,and I've seen average races there. Last night was average.

Congrats to Casey Riggs. He did have the car hooked up last night and no one could touch him!
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 9/18/11 at 12:51 PM.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > any updates from TSS