IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS TO Farmer City Raceway 2012
9/9/11, 10:01 PM   #11
Re: MSCS TO Farmer City Raceway 2012
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Sign them up. Farmer City is a lot closer to Springfield than Indiana is. Also, I think it will be good for MSCS to have more races on a greater variety of tracks. Sounds like Win/Win to me. Good job!

2 members like this post: jim goerge, sprintgal
9/9/11, 10:04 PM   #12
outlaw721

Thank you Racer 99 I feel the same way! I like our shows, I like the outlaw stuff, ok your voice counts too!!
Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
David

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Thank you dirtnonwing fan,
Wow this is awsome everyone is getting a chance to voice their thoughts!! Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
outlaw721
David

9/9/11, 10:28 PM   #13
Supermod
Inactive Member

I think MSCS is a great idea. You guys get your Sunday night deal going, then bring in MSCS for a special show. I'm guessing MSCS will bring about 15 cars, you guys can promote it as an us vs. them, the fans will eat it up. Everyone wins!

BUT - the bottom line is, you have to do what is best for you. Get on solid ground with you weekly show first! MSCS is a great group with a known track record. Talk to other promoters that have had them in last couple of years and find all the advantages and disadvantages to having them at your track. Ask MSCS what they will do to help you promote the show. Ask them what you need to do. Ask alot of questions, don't fool yourself, this show will be a risk for you, if you do it wrong, it could ruin you, do it right, it could be the first step to a sucessful operation. Don't be afraid to take a chance, but don't be foolish with your investment. GOOD LUCK!!!!
later,
Bob Mays

2 members like this post: jim goerge, outlaw721
9/9/11, 10:38 PM   #14
treecitytornado

Keep it totally Outlaw including Open Tire! To hell with being forced to run a DT3! Let people run Goodyears, American Racers, or Hoosiers! It will allow others running with the WING OR ASCS OR ANYWHERE ELSE TO HAVE NO EXCUSE NOT TO COME AND RUN!
Posted via Mobile Device

9/9/11, 10:56 PM   #15
RACER99W

read the post [mscs usac race at tss] post below; this will help you deside saction or non. plus sactioning fees .
Last edited by RACER99W; 9/9/11 at 10:58 PM.

1 member likes this post: outlaw721
9/9/11, 11:00 PM   #16
spicoli

I took "fees" to mean something along the lines of drivers having to buy a $ 30 (for one race) "temporary permit". Or, $ 60 for two or more shows.

Is this on top of a driver also having to buy a pit pass?

Makes one show kind of expensive.

1 member likes this post: outlaw721
9/10/11, 12:08 AM   #17
outlaw721

supermod!
Thank you That was a very well thought out, lucid paragraph , and yes we r going to ask those questions, and Jeff is already talking to promotors! I agree with what you have said 100% Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
outlaw721
David

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Treecity!
I like you! you are speaking the truth!! I f we was in a battle togather I would want you with me!! By god , lets keep it simple, and we will live!! THANK YOU!
Farmer City Raceway
David

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Racer99
Will do buddy! Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
David

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Spicoli
Ouch! That kida of money in one night???? wow your right that would make things very costly!! Good stuff; Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
David

9/10/11, 12:10 AM   #18
noregrets29

MSCS is a quality deal. Dt3 is a usable tire. If lower budget guys have a problem then buy used USAC guys stuff. ( I DO). I live 20 mi. From FC and love the idea of weekly nw sprint racing there!!!!! Just want a real nw sprint race track ( not Flora, IL) to go in IL. Great car count last time but no need to try to be different than indiana and take a chance of not getting some of those guys. Again i will be there no matter what but i want it to be the best it can be and last as long as possible!!!!!
Matt Barker
Co owner/ driver with Kyle Wissmiller of the 29 sprint car.
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, outlaw721
9/10/11, 12:36 AM   #19
miledirt

As a non wing fan in St. Louis, I'm in...bring on the MSCS!

1 member likes this post: sw1911
9/10/11, 12:50 AM   #20
Midwest Connection

Hello outlaw721,

Just a thought - If you are considering scheduling the MSCS sprints, would it be possible to run a two or three day show? Something like a National, Extravaganza, or something on the line of a Classic similar to the Oswego Speedway Classic for supermodifieds, or the Copper Classic's of the past, etc. I mentioned Oswego Speedway due to the fact that that they run non wing and wing supermodifieds and modifieds in one Classic weekend -awesome racing I must admit.

I guess what I am trying to say is a 3 day weekend of non wing and wing sprints at Farmer City - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Or two days of non wing on Saturday and wing on Sunday or vice versa - something on that line. Support class - midgets, modifieds, etc. Two days of MSCS non wing sprints would be ideal. JMO

Looking forward to visiting Farmer City for any non wing sprint car racing in 2012.

Have a good day...see you at the races

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS TO Farmer City Raceway 2012