IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What I Learned @ Gas City
8/13/11, 10:54 AM   #11
Re: What I Learned @ Gas City
Eatin Dirt

Bridges40, I agree with you 100%. It was a absolute shame that Billy P. had to go to the tail and Shane only was moved back 1 position. Not sure but I think in a earlier heat race (different class) the guy who did the rough driving went to the tail and the guy who was spun got his position back. But then you have to keep in mind who they were dealing with in this situation. All in all it was some pretty good racing last night. I just hated to see the sprints feature run 4th, it made for a late night getting home. However, as long as I am at a good race, time really doesn't matter.

8/13/11, 11:51 AM   #12
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
well maybe you should have ran a little faster or got out of the way....

8/13/11, 11:53 AM   #13
TeamCGR

An interesting night for sure. Really feel bad for Josh Spencer regardless of who or what happened. Some of the best people in our sport and really would have liked to see Josh battle for a win. They deserve it.

I am sorry that the pole sitter in our heat feels the way he does. There's not a long list of people that visit us weekly to discuss Coleman running over them. There were many that did visit us after the heat that saw it much differently than what was stated. But, that's his opinion and he is certainly entitled to it. Just a shame the personal jab has to happen. We work very hard for what we have and work closely with our sponsors to make sure their investment is protected week in and out. Tearing up race cars is not something that keeps them coming back like they have for 10 years so I have to believe that is not our "M.O.". There are plenty of nights when we feel slighted too so I understand. It's a tough sport. But, I can assure you this; when there is an issue that is unnecessary or costs us money for equipment, Coleman gets his butt pealed like any other young man should when doing something stupid. You just don't see it..

Glad no one was hurt on a tough night at the track. Hopefully everyone can get their cars ready for tonight and have a solid effort.

Good luck all,

Pete G.
Last edited by TeamCGR; 8/13/11 at 12:01 PM.

8/13/11, 12:15 PM   #14
ByronMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
An interesting night for sure. Really feel bad for Josh Spencer regardless of who or what happened. Some of the best people in our sport and really would have liked to see Josh battle for a win. They deserve it.

I am sorry that the pole sitter in our heat feels the way he does. There's not a long list of people that visit us weekly to discuss Coleman running over them. There were many that did visit us after the heat that saw it much differently than what was stated. But, that's his opinion and he is certainly entitled to it. Just a shame the personal jab has to happen. We work very hard for what we have and work closely with our sponsors to make sure their investment is protected week in and out. Tearing up race cars is not something that keeps them coming back like they have for 10 years so I have to believe that is not our "M.O.". There are plenty of nights when we feel slighted too so I understand. It's a tough sport. But, I can assure you this; when there is an issue that is unnecessary or costs us money for equipment, Coleman gets his butt pealed like any other young man should when doing something stupid. You just don't see it..

Glad no one was hurt on a tough night at the track. Hopefully everyone can get their cars ready for tonight and have a solid effort.

Good luck all,

Pete G.
Looking forward to seeing you all run at LPS tonight. Best of luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: outlaw13, TeamCGR
8/13/11, 12:39 PM   #15
Downey44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
How about one of these to help wash it down Chuck

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/13/11, 1:01 PM   #16
JstAbvVMC

Twenty years ago Barr, Amati, Kinser and the others didn't have Facebook, Twitter, Bitter, IOW or any other social media to hide behind and complain on nor the "mobile device" to do it minutes after the incident happened.

What those guys did have was courage, courage to walk over and have a little chat with the other driver. It wasn't always physical, just an arm around the neck of the youngster and some words of advice on what not to do next time, or else.

Maybe this new generation of young drivers might try that when they have an issue. You don't gain respect until show some respect. It happened to me a a young driver and it got my attention for sure....then...

IF HE TELLS YOU TO KISS OFF, THEN KICK HIS LITTLE BUTT !!!!

Just Say'n...

8/13/11, 1:10 PM   #17
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
i gotta agree with you treecity....that was a boneheaded move and very early in the heat race!!! Its hard for these young ones to respect other racers equipment when dad can just reach into his deep pockets..20 yrs ago barr, amati,or bob kinser woulda whipped his a** right there in turn 3
maybe treecity was spinning in his own tears

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/13/11, 1:16 PM   #18
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I wouldnt mess with gulick, he might be able to black a few eyes.
Posted using Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/13/11, 1:19 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
I wouldnt mess with gulick, he might be able to black a few eyes.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SopwithM.../0/_NH4FnWgivs

Minute .28
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/13/11 at 1:21 PM.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
8/13/11, 1:25 PM   #20
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Lol i was just looking for that clip too

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What I Learned @ Gas City