IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TeamCGR (Offline)
  #11 8/9/11 9:11 PM
Originally Posted by Rogue-9:
Last night was super tacky. No dust. There is a youtube video.
I was being facetious. You answered the question though. Usual "dump" on the Non Wing guys out there.
c47 (Offline)
  #12 8/9/11 9:12 PM
Originally Posted by TeamCGR:
Report from the track: Dusty and Dangerous. Delayed Heats due to drivers not being able to see. Watering Track now. Coleman's group had to nearly stop in 3 since they could not see. Crowd was booing already in Hot Laps. I wonder why no problems with the Wing Cars last night?
no usac last night?
wtvwrocks (Offline)
  #13 8/9/11 9:12 PM
Originally Posted by TeamCGR:
Report from the track: Dusty and Dangerous. Delayed Heats due to drivers not being able to see. Watering Track now. Coleman's group had to nearly stop in 3 since they could not see. Crowd was booing already in Hot Laps. I wonder why no problems with the Wing Cars last night?
I was told track hadn't been touched since last night....and it was a dry hot day in Iowa.......
cabjr111 (Offline)
  #14 8/9/11 9:29 PM
Does'nt USAC ever look at the track on race day? Dust bowl after dust bowl sheesh!

Clinton A. Bledsoe, JR.
TeamCGR (Offline)
  #15 8/9/11 9:36 PM
Big shout out to Davey Jones and Keith Bloom Jr.'s team for their help with the 14 Team CGR car under caution. First Class effort guys and we thank you....
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #16 8/9/11 9:55 PM
I think the way this usually works, the qualifying races invert the top 6. So the top 4 in points should start on the outside of the third row. Clauson should be in good shape here, along with Ballou and Gulick. Larson and Bacon should be somewhere up there, too.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
wtvwrocks (Offline)
  #17 8/9/11 9:56 PM
Spoke to Robert briefly - he says track is dusty, dry and incredibly hard to see.....he is changing helmets in the hopes he can see better.....these conditions could make for an interesting feature.....hoping all drivers stay safe!
cmcooper2 (Offline)
  #18 8/9/11 10:02 PM
Hopefully they can water the track down some more and provide a good racing surface. I dont understand why they couldnt have it ready
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #19 8/9/11 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by cmcooper2:
Do they end up having a b main as well?
With 31 cars, yes. Like Sacha said, top 16 in points and then 6 from the B to the feature.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
Stagger (Offline)
  #20 8/9/11 10:05 PM
WOW that 1st Qualifier is TOUGH.....

I am taking Larson in the foot race. Youth is always faster