IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg Updates
8/7/11, 3:07 AM   #11
Re: Burg Updates
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Gotta Agree and give Congrats to Brady who started 11th I think for the win. Westerfeld was flying and then Soudrette came out of nowhere.

Two super low budget teams that have had the patience to learn how to go fast. Started 12th and 13th and finished 5th and 3rd.

Hupp looked good early. Memmer was flying mid race, Moffatt was fast early but either he adjusted wrong or sealed a tire after the red. Thought he was gonna eat the wall about lap four.

From about laps 3-15 the battle was fierce behind Elson who seemed to be in control of the lead with occasional challenges from Moffatt. Me and dad both agreed we don't know if they'd of caught Andrew if it had stayed green to checker.

BTW, Welcome back Andrew Elson!
Was also good to see Botts, Briscoe and Jumpin Joe Ligouri. All ran well at times. Dakota Jackoson and Brent Beuchamp were also fast in the house tonight.

Great race in the Sprints and it got better from there.

Mod A was won by hot shoe this season Groomer but he wasn't unchallenged. In fact he was passed about halfway point for about five laps before regaining command and driving away.

Gotta say it.
Best overall and fun race of the night was PURE STOCK A! Mickey Hines or is it Nicky? Started near the back after what sounded like tranny trouble in the heat but still accumulated enough points through attrition in the heat to transfer Won on the last corner of the last lap as the two cars who had been running all race side by side for the lead made contact and hooked but both powered across for second and third.

106 race cars. Awesome.
Five features. Amazing.
Price for Harf, Darf and BARC, FREE............ Priceless.

BTW, The track held up all night till about the middle of the fourth feature and got kinda huggy pole. Dave raked the cushion prior to Sprint feature. Wish they'd just pack it as it was dusty for a bit in the sprint feature. Still overall I give em a big A+ for hitting it with the iffy weather the past Couple Days.

Thanks to all who raced, Crews, Teams, Track personel and the City of Lawrencburg for a great night.

3 members like this post: Mud Packer, Ricks Pics, skids59
8/7/11, 10:02 AM   #12
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I would say that the pure stock feature was an instant classic.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: mowerman
8/7/11, 11:04 AM   #13
Eldora Three

Was there for the race. The track was fast and dusty when they started the Sprint main and I thought it was a great race and almost accident free. Brady Bacon showed what a great driver he is, coming from 11th place to win. Couldn't tell where Chase Brisco finished. I sure liked his dad.

8/7/11, 11:25 AM   #14
SPD 37

Not Brady Bacon, It was Brady SHORT who won from 11th!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
8/7/11, 3:45 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldora Three View Post
Was there for the race. The track was fast and dusty when they started the Sprint main and I thought it was a great race and almost accident free. Brady Bacon showed what a great driver he is, coming from 11th place to win. Couldn't tell where Chase Brisco finished. I sure liked his dad.
Chase got eighth in a great run

8/9/11, 9:05 AM   #16
Cincinnati Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
the suprise of the night had to be the 44 car. started 13th and ended up 3rd. this is by far the best he's ever looked. made granpa proud...
Thank you for the kind words. Please keep grandpa (Tom "Pnut" Soudrette) in your prayers. He's been under the weather the past few weeks and couldn't make the trip that night. He is a true "Legend of Lawrenceburg".
Last edited by Cincinnati Kid; 8/9/11 at 9:07 AM.

5 members like this post: fishnman, Gregg, mud goodsleeve, Mud Packer, Ricks Pics
8/9/11, 9:20 AM   #17
Eldora Three

Didn't realize I put down Bacon. Don't know where that came from.

8/9/11, 9:56 AM   #18
smith19

yea jason your grandpa used to put the motors in my dad's coup's. the white #44 that ross smith and jim bob drove.

1 member likes this post: mud goodsleeve
8/9/11, 2:53 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
yea jason your grandpa used to put the motors in my dad's coup's. the white #44 that ross smith and jim bob drove.
Better quit bumping this post to the top Chris. The Yanks will get mad

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg Updates