IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > waynesfield
8/7/11, 3:23 PM   #21
hoosierhillbilly

A little off topic but does waynesfield black flag anyone for unsafe speed? That one mini sprint was running at idle speed and in the way much of the feature. It seemed very unsafe
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Sprintwatcher
8/7/11, 3:31 PM   #22
Re: waynesfield
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
A little off topic but does waynesfield black flag anyone for unsafe speed? That one mini sprint was running at idle speed and in the way much of the feature. It seemed very unsafe
Posted via Mobile Device
That black #4 sure was in the way!

It would have been one thing if he would have stayed high, or stayed low....but he was all over the place....top-bottom-middle- within the same lap!!. It was like a game of 'dodge-em'.
Last edited by Need For Speed; 8/7/11 at 4:37 PM.

1 member likes this post: Sprintwatcher
8/7/11, 3:58 PM   #23
Rogue-9

The flag-man yelled to the crowd, after being heckled that the drivers chose not to use the black flag. I thought that was ridiculous, because its not their call. It's the flagman's job to keep the drivers as safe as possible. He didn't do his job.

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
8/7/11, 4:47 PM   #24
double checkered

First off, I apologize to any DRIVER who felt they were put in a dangerous situation. The drivers safety is my top priority, and I do take it very seriously.
Next, my comment wasn't to "the crowd" but to the person(s) yelling about the "move over" flag (not black flag). To that I replied the drivers chose not to use it. I used to use it and recommend using it but the true purpose of the flag is interpreted differently. It is not a "move over" flag. It is to caution slower traffic that faster cars are approaching and be cautious (hold your line not move to top or bottom). I honestly didn't hear anyone yell black flag which may have been justified. I felt that eventhough he was going considerably slower, all cars were able to get around him.
My actions with "yelling back" to a fan were completely wrong and I apologize to all other spectators that seen/heard it. That was not the time/place to address the issue.
Thanks to all the drivers/crews/fans who came to support waynesfield lastnight. I will be sure to readdress the slower traffic this week. Thanks for the criticism. I do value it.

Jeremy
Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: Mud Packer, MWestfallfan54, Rogue-9, Will Shunk, Xflagman
8/7/11, 4:52 PM   #25
Need For Speed

Jeremy:

You do a top shelf job in the flag stand!!

You and Bridget have a lot to watch every night, and last night was especially busy/fast paced for both of you!!

1 member likes this post: MWestfallfan54
8/7/11, 5:56 PM   #26
Rogue-9

With one or two to go, the #50 just about spun out to avoid running into the 4 in turn one, I personally felt that while everyone did get around him, it was a disaster waiting to happen. I thought you were yelling to the fans yelling black flag, there were more than one. I think that a lot of the fans were upset after the 4 had something to do with the 28's pass for the lead over the 7, that's when a lot of the fans started yelling.

8/8/11, 1:04 PM   #27
HarleyHoney

I personally enjoyed all the racing. Only issue would be the length of the entire program. I hate to admit that we did leave after the sprints. My husband jokingly said at breakfast the next morning, "You think they've finished yet?". Kind of reminded me of going to old Clay City back in the day.

2 members like this post: mowerman, Sprintwatcher
8/8/11, 1:17 PM   #28
smith19

hey harley i remember those days at clay city. wow. your old man was tough down there. i usually made the trip with bobby carnes and we never got home before 4:30 or 5 am. that was one dangerous track.

1 member likes this post: HarleyHoney
8/8/11, 1:18 PM   #29
WRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyHoney View Post
I personally enjoyed all the racing. Only issue would be the length of the entire program. I hate to admit that we did leave after the sprints. My husband jokingly said at breakfast the next morning, "You think they've finished yet?". Kind of reminded me of going to old Clay City back in the day.
We do apologize for the late finish to the racing program. On any typical Saturday night, even with running 6 classes, we are done shortly after 11:00PM. Unfortunately Mother Nature decided she wanted us to be behind the rest of the night.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the racing and are thrilled to have you at WRP for the Jack Hewitt Classic. We hope to see you back again sometime.

1 member likes this post: Need For Speed
8/8/11, 2:31 PM   #30
HarleyHoney

Would be glad to return. Very pleased with the quality of the track and the racing.

2 members like this post: Need For Speed, WRP
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > waynesfield