IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 3rd Annual Jack Hewitt Classic, Sat. Aug. 6th
7/31/11, 9:43 PM   #31
Re: 3rd Annual Jack Hewitt Classic, Sat. Aug.
WRP

Shirley Kear of Kear's Speed Shop in Tiffin Ohio has graciously donated a $200 gift certificate as a Quick Time Award for the 3rd Annual Jack Hewitt Classic. Thank you Shirley!

1 member likes this post: Need For Speed
7/31/11, 9:49 PM   #32
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP View Post
Shirley Kear of Kear's Speed Shop in Tiffin Ohio has graciously donated a $200 gift certificate as a Quick Time Award for the 3rd Annual Jack Hewitt Classic. Thank you Shirley!
Cool!!

Every bit helps, and this sure helps sweeten the pot for somebody with a heavy right foot

8/2/11, 12:54 AM   #33
WRP

I apologize that the format has not been announced yet. We are definitely planning on 2 qualifying laps. It will be single car runs. The driver who sets quick time will draw the inversion for the heats. The number of heats will depend on car count. The rest will be announced tomorrow afternoon.
Hope to see a great field of cars Saturday to help us honor Jack.

8/2/11, 7:49 AM   #34
old coot

Are you still running five support classes? If so what will the feature format be? Some guy,s have A 3to 4 hour tow. Hoping the sprint feature is first on the agenda.

8/2/11, 9:27 AM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I am in no way trying to degrade this event. Its to honor Jack and have a great race to cap it off. IM ALL FOR IT!

I just have never gotten the format. Yeah there are qualifyers that give a winner a guaranteed spot in the ACTUAL Hewitt classic. I get that.

When, where and format have always been in question to me I went to a sprint/midget race that was a Hewitt classic race a few years ago at Kokomo, Do they not take part anymore?

Or is this more like a border wars with multi tracks and the one with the most overal points wins the actual title Nevermind Saturdays Winner?

Just questions and have a great show.

Chuck, Like I said, Not trying to confuse or take away from anything Jack or the track!

8/2/11, 10:15 AM   #36
Tall Jackson

I am making my first trip this weekend to Waynesfield. I need directions from the Winchester, Richmond area. Also how is the camping situation there. Thanks in advance

8/2/11, 10:42 AM   #37
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Jackson View Post
I am making my first trip this weekend to Waynesfield. I need directions from the Winchester, Richmond area. Also how is the camping situation there. Thanks in advance
From Richmond, I would take I-70 East to I-75 North in Ohio which is Exit 33 I believe. Going North on I-75 to Exit 110 (Wapakaneta) which is US Hwy 33. Turn East on 33 and proceed approximately 12 miles and you will see a road sign for Waynefield. Turn left and go about a mile and Waynesfield Raceway Park is on the left.

Camping is primitive but there is plenty of room for camping.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/2/11, 12:04 PM   #38
WRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I am in no way trying to degrade this event. Its to honor Jack and have a great race to cap it off. IM ALL FOR IT!

I just have never gotten the format. Yeah there are qualifyers that give a winner a guaranteed spot in the ACTUAL Hewitt classic. I get that.

When, where and format have always been in question to me I went to a sprint/midget race that was a Hewitt classic race a few years ago at Kokomo, Do they not take part anymore?

Or is this more like a border wars with multi tracks and the one with the most overal points wins the actual title Nevermind Saturdays Winner?

Just questions and have a great show.

Chuck, Like I said, Not trying to confuse or take away from anything Jack or the track!

The Jack Hewitt Classic at Waynesfield Raceway Park is an event featuring the Non Wing Sprint Cars. The "Road to the Hewitt" points series is a mini points series sponsored by Hoosier Tire, scheduled between several tracks, meant to build interest in the Hewitt Classic. The "Road to the Hewitt" champion is separate from the Hewitt Classic Champion.

The Hewitt Classic that used to be held at Kokomo Speedway has no affiliation with this deal except for the same name.

We hope to see you this Saturday at Waynesfield Raceway Park for the 3rd Annual Jack Hewitt Classic.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/2/11, 5:37 PM   #39
Sprintcarfanatic

Mud Packer, the southerners pronounce that as Walkupandeater.

8/2/11, 5:54 PM   #40
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcarfanatic View Post
mud packer, the southerners pronounce that as walkupandeater.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 3rd Annual Jack Hewitt Classic, Sat. Aug. 6th