Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

7/29/11, 3:59 PM   #32
Re: Who is going where
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
That wasnt my intention at all Jerry, my point here is that who is going to be at a race has little relationship to how good the race is gonna be thus making the speculation pointless unless you are following a particular driver. I never said that you shouldnt speculate, there is a difference there. The good thing about this board is that we can all voice our opinions and we dont all have to agree. If thats not true you might as well ban me now cause sooner or later its gonna happen again
I disagree. Plenty of folks here,for example,have been asking if the Cowboy was gonna be at Haubstadt this weekend. So they must be thinking that IF he shows up,it will be a better race. And I woulld think that Haubstadt would also like to know if the Cowboy is going to be there as well,as I am sure it helps put bums on seats.

This message board is similar to a tv set. Dont like whats on,you can always change the channel.

2 members like this post: crawfordsville410fans, FishBurger
7/29/11, 5:36 PM   #33
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I agree. However when a track has a low count, More racing is better than less.

Say 15 cars show up. Have three five car heats. Put the top two in the draw or invert for the feature. Two eight car heats is still nice but does feel like less bang for the buck.

Good luck to all, stay safe, See you at the races.
We've all seen five car heats where there's a two or three car pileup on lap 1, and you wind up running a two or three car race. In that 15 car field scenario, I'd rather see two heats, and run all the non dash cars in a shortened B-Main. (even though no one's eliminated, it gives fans that extra race, and gives drivers a chance to salvage a better starting spot in the main.)
Posted via Mobile Device

7/29/11, 7:35 PM   #34
marko 66

Quote:
That wasnt my intention at all Jerry, my point here is that who is going to be at a race has little relationship to how good the race is gonna be thus making the speculation pointless unless you are following a particular driver. I never said that you shouldnt speculate, there is a difference there. The good thing about this board is that we can all voice our opinions and we dont all have to agree. If thats not true you might as well ban me now cause sooner or later its gonna happen again
maybe they just want to know where their fav. driver is going to be ??

7/29/11, 8:33 PM   #35
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Lately we have had a plethora of posts speculating on what cars are going to what tracks. TSS, Kokomo, Gas City, Eldora have all had posts just this week. Tell me, does it really matter? If you make a decision on wether to go to a race or not because someone on the board said so and so was coming to the track you had planned on attending or vice versa then I feel sad for you. The promoters around here do their best to put on a show they think you will enjoy. Go support your favorite track(or 2 or 3....well even 4 for me this weekend) and enjoy the races. You have no clue wether you will see a classic or a dud irregardless of who shows up, after all thats why we go isnt it, because we dont know when that classic race will occur. Go ahead flame away.
well to tell you why i make a thread on iow and i do alot is i want to know where my best racing is going to be. i love to follow # 14 and # 81 and if i can see them on the weekend that iam off i will drive the extra to see them race. i live 20 miles from the burg and i love all the great things that dave and the crew at the burg do. and i will go to the burg when i can. but when you try to make a post here on iow its just sounds like you do something wrong. good bad or ugly i and fans want to get the most out of our money and will drive some more to do this thing that is called the best racing in the world dirt track racing. i hope that all has a great weekend as i have to work this weekend. now can i page MR. FUNK

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who is going where