IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 classes.....seriously?
7/9/11, 7:05 AM   #11
Re: 4 classes.....seriously?
Dyno Don

I think that any track that runs more than one support class during ISW is showing no class,but plenty of creed and disrespect for the race teams.

These teams have got to pack up all their equipment,try to get a little sleep and move on to the next track.

What is so wrong about getting the Sprint feature done by ten or before, so the teams can get some rest before the next race. By the time they clean and service their cars and get to Kokomo it will be an almost 24 hr grind.

2 members like this post: rdzsprint, Sprints!
7/9/11, 7:49 AM   #12
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quit your bitchin , you weren't even there .

7/9/11, 8:04 AM   #13
Tall Jackson

I would give any thing to see 4 classes. Instead I am stuck working this weekend. Be thankful you are able to go to the races. No racing for me

6 members like this post: 64chevy, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Dannypollock24, fish, mowerman
7/9/11, 8:20 AM   #14
miledirt

I have been a part of this particular discussion in a lot of places and people can get pretty emotional on either side. Here's my deal, if a track wants to run four classes for a big show, fine. I get it, it's about making money. BUT, please.... whatever class it is that is running for the big money that night, please let them run their feature first. That way, especially with sprint week, the teams can load up and get ready for the road and the fans who, let's be honest, made the long drive to see in this case the sprints, can get on the road too.

5 members like this post: apexonephoto, erich45, GregD, jim goerge, rdzsprint
7/9/11, 8:21 AM   #15
curbservice

seriously if ya wanna have something to ***** about work for a World OF Outlaws team, usually it's around 300 miles give or take between race tracks. How far is it from Gas City to Kokomo 55 miles?

3 members like this post: apexonephoto, Sickfan, Wallsracing
7/9/11, 8:24 AM   #16
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbservice View Post
seriously if ya wanna have something to ***** about work for a World OF Outlaws team, usually it's around 300 miles give or take between race tracks. How far is it from Gas City to Kokomo 55 miles?
Anybody hiring? I like road trips!

7/9/11, 8:25 AM   #17
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
I have been a part of this particular discussion in a lot of places and people can get pretty emotional on either side. Here's my deal, if a track wants to run four classes for a big show, fine. I get it, it's about making money. BUT, please.... whatever class it is that is running for the big money that night, please let them run their feature first. That way, especially with sprint week, the teams can load up and get ready for the road and the fans who, let's be honest, made the long drive to see in this case the sprints, can get on the road too.
I wasn't there but I Thought they Always run Sprints first unless they have track issues like it sounded like on IOW?

Danny 24

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbservice View Post
Yes, Correct what does this have to do with Sprint Week? Bigger Teams with Budgets makes more racing easier! USAC Sprint Week is a lot Different a lot less money!

Danny 24

7/9/11, 8:40 AM   #18
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Quit your bitchin , you weren't even there .
If you want to voice your opinions on this board, you must first:
A) Attend every race, everywhere, every night
B) Announce that you've attended every race, everywhere, every night (Tell everybody where and when)
C) Offer no criticism for USAC , and don't recommend that USAC fans join their forum
D) Not be a race car driver or a family member of a race car driver
E) Be far more concerned about ticket sales than the quality of the shows
F) Not understand how sprint car racing has historically been tied to the Indy 500, or not be concerned about the fact that it's not anymore
G) Allow free T-Shirts to buy your loyalty

And it helps to be a man who owns a camper or motor home.
Last edited by deannalynn; 7/9/11 at 8:50 AM.

7/9/11, 8:55 AM   #19
LittleRube

Dyno we all know your bedtime is 9....
Posted using Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Checker'd Past, Dannypollock24
7/9/11, 9:29 AM   #20
nonwing79

Sometimes the support classes help cut the track and keep it in a little better shape.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 classes.....seriously?