Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fireworks
7/1/11, 3:03 PM   #11
Re: Fireworks
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
I know its the 4th weekend and all and I am proud to be an American just like you are but take that 3k and put it to a feature win instead of fireworks, they then can charge that extra at the gate and more people would come.
Have you seen the crowds at the races when the fireworks are on the card?

Bloomington will be elbow to elbow tonight. Definitely will be their second biggest crowd of the year, biggest will be on August 5th

7/1/11, 3:13 PM   #12
Onlydirt

I dont mind paying a bit more, my son is excited to go watch racing and fireworks. He has been on me ever since her heard them announce it last weekend.

1 member likes this post: Russ
7/1/11, 3:21 PM   #13
jeffnanny

I love the fireworks. We are at the track every weekend regardless. Its worth the extra cpl bucks and minutes to us because we used to have a firework show ourselves on our property but it just got too expensive. So we enjoy the shows once a year. Especially now we have younger kids and that just always makes em enjoy a night at the track even more....

A little off topic but those that want to see more fireworks can come to Fourwinds Resort and Marina sunday. As long as the weather holds out we will be having fireworks. If not they will be moved to Labor Day. But come join us. I work as a Parts/Service Manager in the Marina. Feel free to come see me for anything if youre also a boater...

Everyone enjoy your weekends and hope you all have an awesome 4th along with a fun race weekend.

1 member likes this post: Russ
7/1/11, 3:36 PM   #14
Gee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Have you seen the crowds at the races when the fireworks are on the card?

Bloomington will be elbow to elbow tonight. Definitely will be their second biggest crowd of the year, biggest will be on August 5th
No I havent been for the fireworks deal, but I do know that your right about Aug 5th...... I wonder if anyone will be wearing any Kinser T shirts that night....

7/1/11, 4:11 PM   #15
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Fireworks don't do anything for me. They can be cool, but don't really care about it. I would rather not pay for them, but I'm not going to get bent over a few bucks. I would rather they have them at the end of night so I don't have to stay, but again, not going to get bent if they don't.

7/1/11, 5:03 PM   #16
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Like most, I can do without the fireworks display but if it's good for the tracks attendance I'm OK with it even if it is a couple of extra bucks. I don't think they could delay until the racing is over. The kids that come for fireworks would be asleep, or too sleepy to enjoy them. Only takes a few minutes. I've been at Bloomington on fireworks night when people (not race attendees) were parked on the road outside the track.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/1/11, 5:11 PM   #17
PushEm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfracer69 View Post
i know put is paying more and haveing fireworks not sure about paragon on pay out but parents bring kids to see fireworks and they also see raceing and might like the raceing and come back or better yet get into raceing so that could be the next generation of race fans imo it is worth a few dollars
Paragon $1400 to win with $15 General Admission.

7/1/11, 9:11 PM   #18
T&A Racing

I could care less about the fireworks but don't mind paying the extra money. It does pull in more people. I have usually had 2-5 extra come out for at least 1 race a year at a race with fireworks and some have been converted fans. Many young ones first races where over 4th of July weekend races. Some of the little ones seem to care less about the racing but at the same time eventually some of these kids start coming back sometimes when they get older. I think it is well worth it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fireworks