IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My horrible night at the local dirt track...
6/28/11, 3:08 AM   #1
My horrible night at the local dirt track...
LocalYokel

Decided to go to a local Indiana dirt track a few days ago and just had the worst night ever. It all started with the attendent at the main entrance, the attendent made my wife pay double since she was pregnant. I was horrified to find out that the blanket I taped down with two rolls of duct tape to the top row, front and center was removed and someone else was sitting in our designated spot. I tried explaining my situation to the track management and they had the audacity to tell me they didnt have reserved seating and that it was on a first come first served basis. Clearly they dont know who I am! I go to AT LEAST three races a year (at different tracks mind you, but they should know I'm a serious race fan...).
If that wasnt bad enough, it gets worse, they canceled hot laps for all of the four classes running that night. That's right no hot laps for bombers, modifieds, hornets, or latemodels. Sprint cars weren't even on the program! My wife and I then tried to drown our sorrows in beer I had stashed in the trunk in the parking lot, but the track security kept hassling us about responsible drinking. What a buzz kill!
I thought the whole expirence was going to be saved when I heard my number called for the 50/50, but by the time I stopped to get a burger and use the bathroom due to all the beer we drank on the way there, I found out that they just gave the money to the local pizza joint instead. They said I took too long. I tried telling them that since the bombers were on the track the time shouldn't have counted since we all know time stands still during every other race except sprints.
We left the track, covered in dust, after the show ended at the un-godly hour of 9:45 pm. Don't these track owners know that I have to get up at four in the morning to deliver the Sunday paper?! What do I have to do for them to cater to all of MY needs!
On the way home I told my wife we were never going back to support this track again! Except of course when its a USAC show. I'll only go to those races so I can add my two cents on what the track, promoter, or sanctioning body did wrong to the discussions I have with all my fellow true race fans on IndianaOpenwheel.com
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

And I'm not even going to get into all of the problems we had since we drove our RV to the track...
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by LocalYokel; 6/28/11 at 3:17 AM.

6/28/11, 3:18 AM   #2
Re: My horrible night at the local dirt track
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

How true --very funny

6/28/11, 3:21 AM   #3
LocalYokel

Please be mericful. Its just a joke... like Chris Nunn, the ******* that has nerve to like all kinds of racing, not just sprint cars.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Chris Nunn
6/28/11, 7:36 AM   #4
old coot

Doe's anybody see themsef in local yokel's post.

6/28/11, 7:43 AM   #5
racephoto1

Not me, I'd never let MY pregnant wife drink beer.

4 members like this post: davidm, interpreter66, jim goerge, skids59
6/28/11, 9:10 AM   #6
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

6/28/11, 10:49 AM   #7
okienonwingfan

I started off reading it going Oh god here we go again. As I got into it I am thinking this is a joke has to be. Very funny indeed esp the 9:45 part.

6/28/11, 10:53 AM   #8
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I don't care who you are, thats funny.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/28/11, 11:04 AM   #9
Bill Gardner
Administrator

my worst day at a race track is better than my best day at work

6/28/11, 11:09 AM   #10
c47

god bless the internet.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My horrible night at the local dirt track...