IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cougill and Leisure Win at Rushville
6/23/11, 4:22 PM   #1
Cougill and Leisure Win at Rushville
A1Sprint

Zach Cougill and Bruce Leisure Win at Rushville
By Alex Wollf

Zach Cougill and Bruce Leisure were the winners on Wednesday night when the UMRA ran twin twenty-lap features at the Rush County Fairgrounds in Rushville as part of the Rush County Fair.
The first feature was lined up based on qualifying times and had Zach Cougill and Brandon Gray bring the field to the green flag. Cougill took the lead at the start and skillfully held off a hungry pack of drivers as he took his first win since 2008. Brandon Gray finished second, CJ Leary was third, Travis Welpott was fourth, and Scot Quintel rounded out the top five.
The finish of the first feature was inverted to lineup the second feature. Bruce Leisure and Ron Hamm were on the front row for the second 20-lapper. Leisure got the early lead and never looked back as he won the second feature of the night. Ron Hamm finished second, CJ Leary was third, Ron Combs finished fourth, and Jake Moore came home fifth.
Quick time was Ron Combs at 13.494 seconds. The trophy dash was won by CJ Leary. The ten-lap heat races were won by Travis Welpott and Brandon Gray.
The Tony Stewart “Smoke The Field” Challenge winner in the first feature was Rob Walton, who came from fourteenth starting position to finish sixth and in the second feature Ron Combs got it as a result of coming from twelfth to fourth. The Green-Tech Lubricants “Hard Luck” Award for the night went to Nick Speidel after he had a hard flip at the start of the first feature.
The next event for the UMRA is on Monday July 4th at the Rush County Fairgrounds in Rushville.

Results
Quick Time: Ron Combs-13.494 seconds
Trophy Dash Winner: CJ Leary
Heat Race Winners: Travis Welpott, Brandon Gray

First Feature: 1. Zach Cougill, 2. Brandon Gray, 3. CJ Leary, 4. Travis Welpott, 5. Scot Quintel, 6. Rob Walton, 7. Jon Steed, 8. Jake Moore, 9. Ron Hamm, 10. Bruce Leisure, 11. Chaz VanOsdol, 12. Ron Combs, 13. Brandon Ladyman, 14. Kevin Blue, 15. Nick Speidel
Tony Stewart “Smoke The Field” Challenge: Rob Walton (14th to 6th)
Green-Tech Lubricants “Hard Luck” Award: Nick Speidel

Second Feature: 1. Bruce Leisure, 2. Ron Hamm, 3. CJ Leary, 4. Ron Combs, 5. Jake Moore, 6. Scot Quintel, 7. Rob Walton, 8. Zach Cougill, 9. Travis Welpott, 10. Brandon Ladyman, 11. Chaz VanOsdol, 12. Kevin Blue, 13. Jon Steed
Tony Stewart “Smoke The Field” Challenge: Ron Combs (12th to 4th)

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, LovetoRace, OpenwheelRob
6/23/11, 4:35 PM   #2
Re: Cougill and Leisure Win at Rushville
Jrp4554

No Terry Goff? Anyone know why?

6/23/11, 5:23 PM   #3
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp4554 View Post
No Terry Goff? Anyone know why?
because Oogie Goff got suspended for one race, probation for the rest of the year and a $100 fine for something another racer got a $25 slap on the wrist for last year, and Oogie didn't put on the display the other driver did last year, not even close... so therefore no Goff cars at Rushville last night...... think they missed the FIVE cars Terry and Oogie bring EVERY race???? hmmmmmm?????????

6/23/11, 6:36 PM   #4
Shawn

So, since they bring five cars, they shouldn't be suspended?

If they felt the need to suspend him, then they should. You sometimes have to strengthen the penalty from year to year...especially if it's an ongoing issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
because Oogie Goff got suspended for one race, probation for the rest of the year and a $100 fine for something another racer got a $25 slap on the wrist for last year, and Oogie didn't put on the display the other driver did last year, not even close... so therefore no Goff cars at Rushville last night...... think they missed the FIVE cars Terry and Oogie bring EVERY race???? hmmmmmm?????????
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: TQ29m, Xflagman
6/23/11, 6:57 PM   #5
TQ29m

Yeah, it's not like neither of them have ever been suspended or fined before, as Shawn indicated, it has been an ongoing thing with them for years, and did they miss THEIR 5 cars that they control, I doubt it, I'd say it's long overdue! Bob!

6/23/11, 7:03 PM   #6
racerdog45

nevermind, you 2 just have an ax to grind with UMRA and the Goffs, have a nice night
Last edited by racerdog45; 6/23/11 at 7:18 PM. Reason: not worth the effort......

6/23/11, 9:28 PM   #7
Shawn

Thanks. You have a nice night, too.

Also, I don't have an "ax to grind" with UMRA, or the Goff's. It seems that you're the one that has an issue with UMRA. They make the calls, period. Are they always right? No. Are they always wrong? No.

If the Goff's have an issue with it, that's fine. They're just standing up for what they believe. Again, that's fine.

I just don't see you ever replying to this thread the way you did if it was another team, like VanOsdol Racing, we'll say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
nevermind, you 2 just have an ax to grind with UMRA and the Goffs, have a nice night
Posted via Mobile Device

6/24/11, 12:37 AM   #8
LovetoRace

I thought this post was supposed to be about me winning???? LOL

ZACH COUGILL

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Mud Packer, OpenwheelRob, tqracer65
6/24/11, 3:00 AM   #9
marko 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovetoRace View Post

ZACH COUGILL
good job zach and bruce.

6/24/11, 7:42 AM   #10
Shawn

Nice job, Zach...both nights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovetoRace View Post

ZACH COUGILL
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cougill and Leisure Win at Rushville