IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steve vs Sammy
6/20/11, 8:49 PM   #11
Re: Steve vs Sammy
petey

Is anyone really surprised? When Sammy and Kevin are in the pits, expect drama.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/20/11, 10:29 PM   #12
racephoto1

Ask Marc Jessup about Sammy at Salem. Sammy needs to pick on guys he can lick, which aren't many , by the way it looks.

6/20/11, 10:47 PM   #13
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

How many times does the Queen need his ass kicked what a

6/20/11, 11:46 PM   #14
McInturff Racing

In my opinion the Swindell's need to realize why we call crashes racing ACCIDENTS. I've been wrecked plenty of times by miscalculations by other drivers and I have caused a few wrecks myself when the car just wouldn't hold a line, did something screwy or because I threw it in a little too hard for one more spot when I shouldn't have. It's racing, s@%t happens no matter how good you are or think you are. We are still fallible humans, even when driving race cars. Sure, you can be upset. Yell a little, throw something at the ground...there is a lot of passion in drivers or we wouldn't be doing what we do, but don't attack a fellow driver like he did it deliberately and for the love of the sport PLEASE don't do it in front of the fans! I don't know of many drivers who relish the idea of tearing up expensive equipment, and those who do are a detriment to our sport (but that is another rant), so give the guy the benefit of the doubt even if you are pissed. Maybe this is why I am still a weekly series driver and not WoO but I think that kind of behavior from a driver is rarely acceptable ever and is certainly never acceptable in front of the reason we can do what we love to do: THE FANS.

6/21/11, 2:17 AM   #15
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

One guy i would never mess with in the pits is Steve Kinser...hes not a wrestling hall of famer for no reason.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/21/11, 9:35 AM   #16
REH24

The funniest thing I remember about Sammy was the night Jack Hewitt chased him around the 'Burg in his sprint car after the race ended because of an incident on the track. When Sammy finally went to the pit Jack caught up with him and finished his business. Sammy said after that incident he would never return to the 'Burg and I believe he kept his promise.

REH

3 members like this post: DWX 9929, jim goerge
6/21/11, 10:03 AM   #17
smokejohnson

That was great! I was standing on Kevin Huntley's right rear watching that one. Jack hit him so hard, it looked like he came 2 feet off the ground.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: jim goerge
6/21/11, 1:49 PM   #18
Flatrightrear

You get your money's worth when Sammy is around one way or the other. I like him. I'm a big fan. If you are gonna have Steve as Luke Skywalker somebody has to be Darth Vadar and that is Sammy. Their rivalry has done more for sprint car racing than any other for the last thirty years. The two best ever still going at each other. I love it. Tom

1 member likes this post: dusty tracks
6/21/11, 2:13 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH24 View Post
The funniest thing I remember about Sammy was the night Jack Hewitt chased him around the 'Burg in his sprint car after the race ended because of an incident on the track. When Sammy finally went to the pit Jack caught up with him and finished his business. Sammy said after that incident he would never return to the 'Burg and I believe he kept his promise.

REH
He did race two years ago at the WoO show in the ten car. First time he came back. Of course everything has changed since then and I do mean everything

I was there for that, Sammy knocked Jack of the track for fifth place in a HFC. Jack kept slamming the back of sammys car after the race and Sammy didn't really wanna go to the pits and was hoping Jack would go back and pit. But Jack stayed with him. All the way till buisness got done.

If Im not correct, That was the year they got into it several times. Twice in Kings Royal weekend alone where Sammy tagged and totalled both Jacks XPERIMENTAL cars.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/21/11 at 2:18 PM.

1 member likes this post:
6/21/11, 3:28 PM   #20
sprintman01

I went to the fight's and a race broke out! LOL

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steve vs Sammy