IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Updates Anyone???
6/12/11, 12:07 AM   #21
Re: Lawrenceburg Updates Anyone???
Gregg

Pete, just in case you didn't know, Coleman had the lead with two laps to go but the right rear was used up. He salvaged a fifth.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
6/12/11, 12:16 AM   #22
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

USAC MOPAR NATIONAL MIDGET CHAMPIONSHIP RACE RESULTS: June 11, 2011 – Lawrenceburg, Indiana – Lawrenceburg Speedway – “Indiana Midget Week”

QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Bryan Clauson, 39, Tucker/BCI/Curb-Agajanian-15.340; 2. Hunter Schuerenberg, 35, Rock Steady-15.414; 3. Matt Smith, 13, Smith-15.499; 4. Chris Windom, 11, Wilke-Pak-15.580; 5. Bobby East, 4, Klatt-15.582; 6. Steve Buckwalter, 25, Buckwalter-15.613; 7. Tanner Swanson, 19, Team 6R/TK-15.726; 8. Tracy Hines, 24, Parker-15.744; 9. Danny Stratton, 77, Hampton-15.781; 10. Darren Hagen, 3, RFMS-15.782; 11. Seth Motsinger, 37, Felker-15.814; 12. Michael Pickens, 29, Berry-15.829; 13. Zach Daum, 5, Daum-15.855; 14. Brad Kuhn, 17B, RW-15.855; 15. Trevor Kobylarz, 20x, Two Dogs Racing-15.906; 16. Jerry Coons Jr., 3nz, JCJ-15.916; 17. Caleb Armstrong, 71, Kunz-16.059; 18. Kyle Larson, 67, Kunz-16.125; 19. Mario Clouser, 06, MCM-16.127; 20. Levi Roberts, 2D, Roberts-16.167; 21. Billy Pauch Jr., 54, Burke-16.273; 22. Dalton Armstrong, 71k, Kunz-16.412; 23. Chase Barber, 91, Barber-16.578.

FIRST HEAT: (8 laps) 1. Roberts, 2. East, 3. Kuhn, 4. Clauson, 5. Hines, 6. C.Arsmtrong, 7. Motsinger, 8. Barber. NT

SECOND HEAT: (8 laps) 1. Pickens, 2. Stratton, 3. Larson, 4. Buckwalter, 5. Smith, 6. Pauch, 7. Kobylarz. NT

THIRD HEAT: (8 laps) 1. Clouser, 2. Coons, 3. Daum, 4. Windom, 5. Swanson, 6. Hagen, 7. D.Armstrong. 2:12.49

FEATURE: (30 laps) 1. Bryan Clauson, 2. Michael Pickens, 3. Kyle Larson, 4. Tracy Hines, 5. Darren Hagen, 6. Matt Smith, 7. Danny Stratton, 8. Bobby East, 9. Zach Daum, 10. Chase Barber, 11. Dalton Armstrong, 12. Brad Kuhn, 13. Levi Roberts, 14. Chris Windom, 15. Mario Clouser, 16. Billy Pauch Jr., 17. Steve Buckwalter, 18. Tanner Swanson, 19. Caleb Armstrong, 20. Jerry Coons Jr., 21. Trevor Kobylarz. NT
---------------------------------------------------
**Kobylarz flipped on lap 11 of the feature. Buckwalter and Swanson flipped on lap 25 of the feature.

FEATURE LAP LEADERS: Lap 1 Swanson, Laps 2-5 Buckwalter, Laps 6-30 Clauson.

NEW USAC MOPAR NATIONAL MIDGET SERIES POINTS: 1-Clauson-461; 2-East-455; 3-Hagen-433; 4-Larson-399; 5-Hines-387; 6-Daum-328; 7-Kuhn-310; 8-Coons-278; 9-Roberts-264; 10-C.Armstrong-253.
NEW USAC INDIANA MIDGET WEEK POINTS: 1-Clauson-252; 2-Larson-241; 3-East-223; 4-Hines-214; 5-Hagen-168

5 members like this post: dirtball, IndyBound, Mud Packer, skids59, TNRustler
6/12/11, 12:42 AM   #23
i love dirt track racing

was not at the burg tonight. had to work. but that is one great team that will go big soon. i need to get one of his shirts and say that i seen him race at all the great indiana tracks. cole witt is doing a great job and team cgr will get this team to do alot of big things soon. great job tonight!!!!!!!

6/12/11, 2:24 AM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im not going to say too much.

As great as Friday was at Bloomington. TONIGHT WAS FLIPPIN AWESOME! ALL THREE CLASSES on a sixty foot wide track, USING EVERY INCH OF IT!

BC, Started 8th or 6th. WON, Pickens started 11th, Finished second. Larson started 17th and got third. What I believe a few didn't see was the aussie, Hagan and Hines trading monster slides the whole second half of the race for FOURTH PLACE! CONGRATS TO BC!

Perhaps LBurg should be a track to put on a Big Midget race? Although I can't imagine it being much better

Sprints. NEVER GIVE BRADY A INCH! He'll take everything you can give him and take full advantage. Starting 8th he got some by passing, Some by missfortune and WON.

Mods. Barber started on the pole but Chuck Griffiths was reeling him in like crazy before a mid race caution. After which Griffiths broke on the restart Gilpin then mounted a charge which at times led to side by side racing for the lead.

There was wall banging, Tire hugging and everything in between. Its long been my thought that the racing is much better there when its a bit slick. When its tacky its everyone flatfooted and nobody going nowhere. Real racers find a way on a slicky at the Burg. This doesn't always work either but TONIGHT WAS A AWESOME NIGHT!

Hard luck for Coleman, Just dominating untill about five to go when either the top was going away or his tires were, He hit the wall with two to go, Was falling back and aparently blocked Ballou a bit too who fell back a couple spots. Short, Logan *Who ran surprisingly well* Hupp and Joss Moffatt who never gave up were your top three.

Ive said to much, But can't say enough! TONIGHT WAS AWESOME AT THE BURG!

BTW, I'd of sealed the track as well with what was coming last night. We had three plus inches of rain. Many tracks would probably have not even been able to race. Heck, I almost got stuck in the fairgrounds infield.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

P.S. Pete, I have nothing but text and not very good at that from the track. Thurs i was updating off of updates received through many sources. But from home on the laptop.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/12/11 at 2:28 AM.

3 members like this post: mowerman, Mud Packer, Ricks Pics
6/12/11, 10:10 AM   #25
TeamCGR

Talked to Coleman last night. Big slice in rr tire. Tried to hold on as best he could. the tire wear was fine. he used the cushion all night to build a big lead. something cut the tire. he's disappointed but that's racing. he and Brian Cripe are really fast and working well together. its coming. Congrats to our good friends the Shorts. Brady and Coleman are good buds. thanks to all for your kind words about Coleman. we appreciate it and I know he does. Chuck, tks for the note. sounds like a heck of a night of racing. not surprised. Dave, kim, bobby and gang are first rate. great place to race. cheers, Pete G.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by TeamCGR; 6/12/11 at 10:12 AM.

6/12/11, 11:05 AM   #26
bigpimpin35

anyone know where the 37 of Riggs finished? he won his heat I figured he would be a contender, usually runs well at the burg

6/12/11, 11:17 AM   #27
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
Talked to Coleman last night. Big slice in rr tire. Tried to hold on as best he could. the tire wear was fine. he used the cushion all night to build a big lead. something cut the tire. he's disappointed but that's racing. he and Brian Cripe are really fast and working well together. its coming. Congrats to our good friends the Shorts. Brady and Coleman are good buds. thanks to all for your kind words about Coleman. we appreciate it and I know he does. Chuck, tks for the note. sounds like a heck of a night of racing. not surprised. Dave, kim, bobby and gang are first rate. great place to race. cheers, Pete G.
Posted via Mobile Device
Really tough luck Pete. If you guys didn't have bad luck, you would have no luck at all. The Iceman is so close and when it comes it will be very well deserved. Keep the chin up and the right rear on the cushion. Looking forward to Kokomo tonight.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/12/11, 12:05 PM   #28
Jerry Shaw

Although it wasn't a great race, like the previous two were, there were many impressive things about this night of racing. First off, from hot laps, there was never any doubt to the guy to beat was, on this night. Bryan Clauson was the fastest in practice, set quick time, easily picked off the other invert starters and was never seriously challenged in the feature. It was a dominating night for the Bullet. Again, Kyle Larson showed skills and determination that exceed his experience level. After qualifying bad and starting 17th, he found a unique way round a track that wasn't that easy to pass on. In 3 and 4 he was cutting a diamond pattern, getting a lot of momentum coming back down the hill. Then diving low in one, taking advantage of some moisture in turn 2, getting tremendous bite exiting. Around the very top was by far the fastest way around this place, come feature time, but finding this way around afforded him to pass more people than anybody. When the moisture went away, it was up to the top with the rest, following Pickens, who was following Clauson.

Perhaps the biggest story of the night were the track conditions and how the drivers adapted to still make a race of it. The track had to be sealed, due to an excessive amount of rain they had and it was not only a slickie, but was also a roughie. It was the only card the track had to play, if they didn't want to cancel, so I think everybody understood. Even though the track looked like toast, after hot laps, the features were the best racing of the night.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/12/11 at 12:37 PM.

1 member likes this post: Ricks Pics
6/12/11, 12:32 PM   #29
finishline

L/burg was great:

Dave always has a great racing surface, guessing he had to seal it because of the rain, and then at 11am it looked like another storm was going to hit. Being a promoter is tough !! I for one have always prefered a surface that forces to run the top rim and slide to pass, so I say seal the track every week

Ice Man had them covered!!

There may have only been 23 midgets, but at a "MANS" track like L'burg you only need the best and they were in the house!

Must say I like the way USAC assisted Bobby East, first by directing the wrecker to the off track gate just as he was pulling out the back, then waiting while it was changed, it was cool to watch Bobby make up 11 spots in the final 8 laps. As tight as the points battle is, this very well could be the diference in a National Cmampionship.

Jerry Coons must be thankful today !! Lets all keep voting for MDC to get that sponser!!

That Larson kid is for realllllllll!!

Good to see the ARDC guys at midget week!

1 member likes this post: Ricks Pics
6/12/11, 1:32 PM   #30
smith19

the racing last night was very good in all classes. the run of the hight had to be by joey kramer in the mod class. i'm sure most of you were headed out the gate but you missed the best passing show of the night. he started on the tail and came up to second and closing. oh and another thing, i hope no one was offended that my little boy drew the 50/50 and he ended up drawing his dads ticket. should of seen the look on his face (priceless). marv, i also got to squeeze the s h i t out of cherie as she was in shock......thanks

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Updates Anyone???