IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
PAW (Offline)
  #11 6/6/11 9:15 PM
3/4 Midgets July 4th Rushville.

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #12 6/6/11 10:07 PM
1. Get a map of Indiana and tape it to a wall. Make sure it's a big map.

2. Get a dart.

3. Shut your eyes.

4. Throw the dart.

5. You simply can't go wrong.

6. Out of state? Spend plenty of money while here. We need it.

7. Hurry back.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
4 Likes: jim goerge, mud goodsleeve, racephoto1
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #13 6/6/11 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Danny Burton:
1. Get a map of Indiana and tape it to a wall. Make sure it's a big map.

2. Get a dart.

3. Shut your eyes.

4. Throw the dart.

5. You simply can't go wrong.

6. Out of state? Spend plenty of money while here. We need it.

7. Hurry back.
8. Buy ole Danny boy a cheeseburger and you will be set for life.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Isaac Chapple Racing (Offline)
  #14 6/6/11 10:10 PM
July 2nd at Grundy County Speedway in Morris, Illinois is a USAC National Midget race. Morris is about 4 hours from Indy..

Isaac Chapple
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #15 6/6/11 11:26 PM
Not knocking any tracks, but the Champ Dirt Cras at Terre Haute are the one show not to miss while your here. It may be a 100 lapper, but the race usually isn't decide until the checkered flag falls.

IMG_8877 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

Action like this is why I go. Only place the big cars really pitch it in and throw nice rooster tails.
2 Likes: cowboyhar69, jim goerge
djw1967 (Offline)
  #16 6/8/11 3:06 PM
Well I'm leaning to the July 2 at Terre Haute, The race at the speedrome (7 min from where we're staying) and the thursday night at IRP. I made it to Kokomo the last time we were out 3 years ago hoping to make tracks I've never been to. Unless wife changes mind or something better comes up.
sprinter25 (Offline)
  #17 6/8/11 3:21 PM
Click on the schedule button on this page(top third of the page) - it'll open a fairly comprehensive Indiana schedule. You can use it to add to the recommndations here....
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #18 6/8/11 3:34 PM
Originally Posted by djw1967:
Well I'm leaning to the July 2 at Terre Haute, The race at the speedrome (7 min from where we're staying) and the thursday night at IRP. I made it to Kokomo the last time we were out 3 years ago hoping to make tracks I've never been to. Unless wife changes mind or something better comes up.
Terre Haute Silver Crown race is on Sunday night July 3rd

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
deannalynn
  #19 6/8/11 5:15 PM
Originally Posted by djw1967:
Something better than Thursday Night Thunder or the Silver Crowns at THAT? I hear there is a place better, but you have to go through St. Peter at the golden gate in the sky to get there... Looks like you checked out the USAC website to help with plans, good call!
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #20 6/9/11 12:16 PM
http://speedwaysonline.com/events/?month=7

This is July events for the whole country. You never know when this site can come in handy. If you have an iphone the National Speedway Directory is well worth the couple bucks.