IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Geoff Kaiser
12/31/07, 12:03 PM   #11
Re: Geoff Kaiser
psullivan

Yes you clearly started with a positive -- There were a few other problems as well - Tyler Knuckle's hometown was wrong and the list had Matt Estep in MI not Mass (and a few years ago it had him in MI not in Ill)
I kmow Matt so I saw that error right away - I don't know Jeff and so I had no idea it was wrong . For every driver and owner on the board - when there are errors like that, other tidbits of info etc announcers love to get this because we all want to get it right - don't hestitate to tell them or grab someone who can get the info to them. --- You always make errors - you just want them to me held to a minimum.

12/31/07, 1:13 PM   #12
cecil98

I'm huge Pat Sullivan fan. I'll tell you why. A few years ago my son (Brad) was racing up at Bloomington for the first time. As he was warming up for hot laps the announcer started talking about "Brad's father" who drove a sprint car back in the early 80's with the Johnny Lightning paint scheme. I almost fell out of my seat. I had never heard of Pat before and to this day have no idea how he knew the information about me that he gave out over the P.A. that night. Anyone who can remember my very "uneventful" racing career is a great man in my book!! :rolling: My peacock feathers were definitely on display that night. Thanks Pat!!

12/31/07, 4:01 PM   #13
wbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
--- You always make errors - you just want them to me held to a minimum.
Don't sweat it Pat; we all make mistakes! Awesome job announcing(as usual) the PA didn't seem to be as clear to me as years past, but thats certainly not your fault.

Don, your car and driver looked to be the one to beat in the early going Saturday night. Good job to you, driver and the crew.

Like throttlehead said, know the man before you bash on him. He has a wealth of knowledge to share with everyone here.

12/31/07, 11:14 PM   #14
Geoff Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
Yes you clearly started with a positive -- There were a few other problems as well - Tyler Knuckle's hometown was wrong and the list had Matt Estep in MI not Mass (and a few years ago it had him in MI not in Ill)
I kmow Matt so I saw that error right away - I don't know Jeff and so I had no idea it was wrong . For every driver and owner on the board - when there are errors like that, other tidbits of info etc announcers love to get this because we all want to get it right - don't hestitate to tell them or grab someone who can get the info to them. --- You always make errors - you just want them to me held to a minimum.

Pat, no problem from here. We all think you do a heck of a job. It just got us a little wound up with the hometown mix up because I had so many friends and family there.
Thanks for what you did for us.

Geoff Kaiser

1/1/08, 2:22 AM   #15
psullivan

Geoff,

Thanks - and you were great all weekend. Please never hesitate to come up to me personally or have a family member tell me when there is a mistake like this - you saw what was on the entry list - how or why I just don't know. I generally try to hang out a lot more to gather info and just hang out - but the Ft Wayne pits are chaos and I deal with asthma a bit and I tried to get out of atmosphere as much as I can. Don was right that it was correct on the Rumble Series message board - but I had USAC send me an entry list in advance for prep and then a new one was generated at the event - I saw the error on Matt Estep a few days before the race and I wrote Dick Jordan at USAC and told him there was a mistake so that one was corrected. I hope to get a chance to see you race more often in 2008.

1/1/08, 1:33 PM   #16
chracing17

Geoff, congrats again on a great run both nights. Bummer Saturday had to end that way. Good luck this year with the sprint car. How about a Hoss championship for that new chassis!!

1/3/08, 3:25 PM   #17
RUQUICK

I say we level the playing field alittle bite and have Tony Stewart Run a dirt car like Geoff and many other guys.....
Man it seems like the driver that ran a clean race both nights and lead plenty of laps saturday night before failure should get some press.:doh:

Anyways here is a picture of what broke on the # 10 car leading the race saturday night when Kaiser had to pull in.... Too bad, I can only think of what would have happened if Geoff's car hadn't broke.

1/3/08, 9:10 PM   #18
badgerfan

Don Moore always fields a well prepared competitive car and the drivers he is able to get are always top notch. As a fan I'm darn thankful for guys like him---I sure couldn't afford my habit without subsidies by devoted owners like him.

1/3/08, 9:39 PM   #19
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL GRAY
I was fortunate in meeting Don at the Rumble for the first time and enjoyed some interesting conversation !
Geoff Kaiser did a tremendous job ! Congradulations to Don , Geoff and all of the team who worked so hard to achieve a great event !
I thank Badgerfan on Don's behalf during his absence ! I too appreciate the contributions that many great team owners give to the sport !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL GRAY
I will soon answer the questions so many are posing to me by personal message and e-mail through our web-site.
I was asked to withhold my original prepared statement concerning my confrontation at Ft. Wayne with USAC Midget Coordinator , Eric Bunn , pending further review by the Rumble Series and USAC.

Paul Gray - Driver # 16B ( the Ft. Wayne entry )

Please see my statement at - http://www.midgetmadness.com/forums/...howtopic=14736

:Steer

1/3/08, 9:41 PM   #20
Eric C

Hi Don,

Enjoyed meeting you this past weekend, Was this not a similar piece of bad luck you had last year with the #10 with Tracy Hines as your driver?

Eric C

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Geoff Kaiser