IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo...
5/8/11, 11:35 PM   #81
Re: Kokomo...
Scott Daloisio

Not sure what your work schedule may be, but will post a link to a live Elite League Speedway race from England on here tomorrow. Starts at 1:30 or 2:30 in the afternoon your time.

5/9/11, 6:45 AM   #82
racinnut9

Thanks for the up dates on the micro's

5/9/11, 7:00 AM   #83
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
By the way, speedway bikes have no brakes, all throttle, and direct drive, no transmission. I miss the trackk they had in Indy.
You guys would love it. The open nationals in late august is a good time to check it out. 0-70 in 3 seconds and a race lasts about 48 seconds. nonwinged and speedway, my two loves. Each is the most basic of race vehicles. By the way, the no brakes sounds scary, but I've never not once thought to my self dang I wish I had brakes. You steer them with the throttle and the harder you go the better they go. To avoid something you either blast around it, or lay the bike down. Some tracks before you can race you have to go out and show the promoter you can safely lay the bike down on the straight away while going race speed. They stop real quick

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
Not sure what your work schedule may be, but will post a link to a live Elite League Speedway race from England on here tomorrow. Starts at 1:30 or 2:30 in the afternoon your time.
Im on it, thanks. One of the kids I used to race against is riding there now, Mikey Buman.

5/9/11, 11:57 AM   #84
sc17x

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty3725 View Post
Colin Erwin won, Andrew Peters was 2nd, Parker Price Miller 3rd.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Congrates Colin !
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Congrates Colin !
Posted via Mobile Device

5/9/11, 4:24 PM   #85
beliles66

I just wanted to say that last night was the first time I've been to a regular show at Kokomo and I was pretty impressed. The track was great and they did a good job keeping the program moving along quickly. I live an hour and 45 minutes away and I was home at 11:00. And you can't beat $12 to get in. I'll definitely be attending more regular shows there.
Posted using Mobile Device

5/9/11, 4:37 PM   #86
D.O.

Great night of racing on the road at 9:14.
Congrats to Chris Windom and Baldwin Bros.

5/9/11, 6:31 PM   #87
backitin

Man I'm dying to see this place some day, I know I'd see it and be like, yep this is home.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo...