IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: American Racer Tires
Is $638 for a set of American Racers good thing? 7 23.33%
Two Races on a Single set good thing? $319 race 21 70.00%
Did Eric Gordon win little 500 on ART no tire change? 5 16.67%
No your better off spending $957 for Hoosiers per race! 7 23.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > American Racer Tires Just $319.00 per race!
3/29/11, 6:49 AM   #11
Re: American Racer Tires Just $319.00 per rac
snoopy

Been there before.
I have no way of knowing the new product. Before (maybe 10 years ago) the AR was a good feature tire, if you made the feature. They would not be fast for like 4 to 5 laps. Starting a qualifier heat in the back, waiting 4 laps of an 8 lap heat made it tough. A caution would just kill your chances. If all ran them OK, but having a choice made it hard.
Currently HOSS and AVSS will be on Hoosiers. Purchasing both kinds is in no way economical. I can not afford to race let alone have 16 tires and wheels at once. 2x each wheel x 2 series. This is one reason guys would no go to USAC last year, different tires.
I am not a big fan of spec tires, but you could run when and where, without major expense. Look at the growth of dirt late models when everybody started running the same rules.
Did not mean to affend anybody with the fendered comment, I used to run them.

3/30/11, 8:54 AM   #12
Predator

Im not saying the American Racer is a bad tire, just simply that Hoosier is a better tire. Don you were the only car at Bristol so who's to say someobody with a set of Hoosier's bolted on wouldnt have been faster???

3/30/11, 10:02 AM   #13
tswanjr7

The actual price of Hoosiers through HOSS is 693.00. That is a $55 difference. I don't know where the 957 came from. AVSS has similar prices as HOSS.
This is my son's screen name. As I normally don't post.
Deb Swanson-HOSS

3/30/11, 11:23 AM   #14
oljonesy

then make it mandatory to race a set 2 complete nights. i'm sure new tires will be bolted on each nite and with hoss on other tires how is this cost effective? if i spend gas and admission to see 15 cars at salem ............no must see.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > American Racer Tires Just $319.00 per race!