IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Nonwinged Series in Ohio
2/1/11, 1:35 AM   #11
Re: New Nonwinged Series in Ohio
sprinter14

Need For Speed, TRUST ME, I have tried and tried. Many Ohio tracks have turned me down because they want to take the "wait and see" approach. Mr Shobe has been VERY nice to me and we talked several times. I wanted to do the opener and closer at Waynesfield. Just like your suggestion, my idea was to begin there, then circle Ohio, and end there. Mr Shobe said our purse was way too high ($8900). I offered to help find sponsors and I offered several other incentives, but he insisted that if he paid that purse once, his regulars would ask why he couldn't do it every week. I believe he expects to get the same crowd in general admission and sprints are NOT a back gate class. Too many sprints can actually hurt you at the back gate. So he cut the purse down (knowing he would lose a few cars) to what he needed to make the track profitable. I promised to stay off his big race dates for the Road to the Hewitt and the Hewitt Classic itself. I wish him the best of luck and hope we can run there in 2012.

2/1/11, 11:30 AM   #12
hoosierhillbilly

sprinter14:

Good luck with your efforts and please keep the IOW board in the loop. THere are a lot of Ohio people that follow non-winged racing on this board. A few of us also hit pitgate too.

I hope to catch some of the shows this year and some new tracks here in ohio.

2/1/11, 11:37 AM   #13
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

I cant wait to see the schedule there is definetly alot going for this series especially having all 3 tire makers on board. I will try make all the races i can. If i had a non wing car in ohio this is the series i would be running.
Posted via Mobile Device

2/1/11, 11:45 AM   #14
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter14 View Post
Need For Speed, TRUST ME, I have tried and tried. Many Ohio tracks have turned me down because they want to take the "wait and see" approach. Mr Shobe has been VERY nice to me and we talked several times. I wanted to do the opener and closer at Waynesfield. Just like your suggestion, my idea was to begin there, then circle Ohio, and end there. Mr Shobe said our purse was way too high ($8900). I offered to help find sponsors and I offered several other incentives, but he insisted that if he paid that purse once, his regulars would ask why he couldn't do it every week. I believe he expects to get the same crowd in general admission and sprints are NOT a back gate class. Too many sprints can actually hurt you at the back gate. So he cut the purse down (knowing he would lose a few cars) to what he needed to make the track profitable. I promised to stay off his big race dates for the Road to the Hewitt and the Hewitt Classic itself. I wish him the best of luck and hope we can run there in 2012.

Thanks for the reply!

PLEASE post your entire 2011 schedule, when it becomes available. I would really like to support your series whenever possible.

It's sad that you and Greg couldn't come to an agreement.

He needs to hustle this year, and PROMOTE WRP, it's past time that the stands were at least 3/4 full every week.

2/1/11, 4:32 PM   #15
AlkyMadness

Glad to see non-wing coming to the Ohio Valley. The WVMS show sounds interesting seeing as they are cutting the track down to a 4/10 (although I hate I never got to see a Silver Crown race on the big track). And KC is always a favorite, hate the USAC show got rained out last year.

I hope you can add some events in WV at tracks like I-77, Beckley, Princeton and Tyler County. Rocky Top and Portsmouth would also be good.

2/2/11, 1:17 PM   #16
Gregg

Aaron, thanks for starting up this series. I am hoping more than anything that BOSS will not only make it but will flourish. Ohio needs this. I hope you and WRP can come to some resolution regarding a date or two. Is a day at Moler Raceray Park a possibility?

Best of luck. Hope to see you this year.

2/2/11, 3:53 PM   #17
racerjim2

Aaron, only problem I see is booking with the big late model shows will mean high $$ pit passes and possible entry fees and late hours. Will you be running any shows that's not hooked up with other big shows?

2/2/11, 10:03 PM   #18
treecitytornado

Yes, at some of the bigger shows like the 2 day show at WV Motor Speedway, there could be higher pit passes, but BOSS Drivers will NEVER Pay Entry fees or membership fees! Yes there will be shows when BOSS is the Headliner. K-C on October 1st we will be and there will be more announced soon. I'm ready to gas it up at some new tracks again! Bring on that warm weather!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by treecitytornado; 2/2/11 at 10:19 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Nonwinged Series in Ohio