IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TripleX sprint car chassis question....
1/27/11, 5:53 PM   #11
Re: XXXsprint car question....
tony thomas

They are made in China !! I'am a chassis builder and they sell that chassis for 350.00 more than I can buy the chromemoly and tabs to build cars for. So those cars make it tough on American builders. I know guys are trying to save money but the bottom line is they are hurting American builders. In my shop we will not work on them for crash repairs and I hope other builders do the same. Thanks Tony

1 member likes this post:
1/27/11, 8:44 PM   #12
Jamison Racing 11J

So you only repair the cars you build?

1/28/11, 11:46 AM   #13
Jack Dupp

This discussion may be less about metallurgy and engineering and more about Chinese backlash. Americans who recognize China as an
awakening giant with the resources and commitment to become a world superpower are uncomfortable when US dollars help fuel China's growth.

1/28/11, 2:08 PM   #14
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison Racing 11J View Post
So you only repair the cars you build?
Having owned several small businesses, that is one choice you still have, it might come back to bite you, but it also shows your customer loyalty, which can also bite you, but if someone buys from you, I always felt I had an obligation to them, to put them ahead of the "Wal-Wart" buyer, even if they chose to buy other things from someone else, I still needed their business. And, if someone will show me where to buy .100 wall chrome-moly, I probably would think it isn't moly, but maybe DOM, or what we used to call, "Shelby Steel", back in the day. Has anyone noticed that Menard's is now posting their items "Made in America", are we to believe them? I'd like to think so. One thing about it, we can't possibly expect to stay in business, as long as we import, more than we export, the good times were when the factory parking lots were full of workers cars, and the grocery store shelves were stocked deep, and the Auto Dealers lots were full of new cars, I don't think those days will return. Bob

1 member likes this post:
1/28/11, 4:12 PM   #15
Cincinnati Kid

I don't know if anybody has checked their site recently, but you can have a TripleX chassis built in the USA. You are going to pay the same amount as a Maxim or similiar. And don't be fooled by steel suppliers. I can guess that the steel you're buying comes from China as well.

I own a TripleX chassis. I was in a tight spot after a crash at Putnamville and was very low on funds. My options were to buy a 5 year old Maxim with who knows how many laps or a brand new TripleX. It was an easy choice considering the stress tests that USAC had performed a few months before.

In response to the original question. I have driven CompWeld, Maxim and Chalk chassis. My TripleX handles as well if not better than all of them. I have no affiliation with them at all. I would say if your budget allows, buy a Maxim or another American builder. If the money is tight a TripleX will be a good option.
Last edited by Cincinnati Kid; 1/28/11 at 4:13 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TripleX sprint car chassis question....