IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
moe#69 (Offline)
  #1 1/24/11 6:49 PM
Hello, Well guys I have ran into A problem. I am missing part of my oil pump assembly, For my dry sump. I don’t know what kind it is? Or even where to start looking to find what I need? I am putting up some photos. If you can help me, I will be very thankful! Thanks,Tom
TQ29m (Online)
  #2 1/24/11 8:14 PM
Originally Posted by moe#69:
Hello, Well guys I have ran into A problem. I am missing part of my oil pump assembly, For my dry sump. I don’t know what kind it is? Or even where to start looking to find what I need? I am putting up some photos. If you can help me, I will be very thankful! Thanks,Tom
Well, I can say this, it's old! I see a key missing, and looks like the drive dohickie for the cam, other than that, one stud has some missing threads, just add oil! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
moe#69 (Offline)
  #3 1/24/11 8:35 PM
Ya its old. goes on chevy II midget I am rebuilding. missing second stage. Shaft runs threw and runs off the cam.
TQ29m (Online)
  #4 1/24/11 8:55 PM
Can't believe how many of those old fuel pumps I've seen in the last year, I do think it's a Hilborn, and it's older than the Chev II. Is it the second stage your missing, what's in the thick block above the oil pump, maybe the pressure regulator? Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
moe#69 (Offline)
  #5 1/24/11 9:16 PM
Yes, missing the second stage. The top pice is the regulator. Dont know what kind or name brand pump. Its the last pice and I could finish the motor. Then intsall it!