IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No ASCS Sprint Bandits this year
12/11/10, 10:45 AM   #1
No ASCS Sprint Bandits this year
Jonr

I live in the KC area, and we have a weekly radio show by the Racin Boys who do all of the ASCS national web broadcast. They announced that there was not going to be a Sprint Bandit series this year.

I wonder what everyone's thoughts are about this.

12/11/10, 11:24 AM   #2
Re: No ASCS Sprint Bandits this year
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I live in the KC area, and we have a weekly radio show by the Racin Boys who do all of the ASCS national web broadcast. They announced that there was not going to be a Sprint Bandit series this year.

I wonder what everyone's thoughts are about this.
We heard through the grapevine that this was the case. What I'm understanding is that there was some disappointment from the promoters from a car count and fan count perspective, although LR had a good car count and race. I had understood that Emmett had announced earlier this year that the SB would be 20-30 shows in 2011 with a new person to head it up, but maybe that person decided against it. It kind-of sucks for the folks in the area who don't get to see real sprint cars, but the ASCS is getting so big that they have their hands full with that.

Tim Simmons

12/11/10, 12:09 PM   #3
cmakin

I agree. While the car count was down for the Houston show, the fan count was decent, and the racing was simply excellent. I still think that it was the best feature that I saw this year.

12/11/10, 12:15 PM   #4
staggerman

Surprised USAC didn't try to get the Lakeside dates if there is no Bandits.

12/11/10, 12:48 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

perhaps if they raced the 360 spec heads they run in their reg series a lot more would participate.

Sorry, Note to USAC and many tracks, Many teams have em already

12/11/10, 1:14 PM   #6
Kansasdirtfan

The Lakeside Sprint Bandit show has always been a good one. Yes, the turnout of quality 410 cars has been marginal of late, but attendance is always good, the track is always very well prepared, and it's always been a great show. If it's true that SB is history, that's a real blow to those of us in Kansas (and neighboring states) who prefer traditional sprint cars. It just makes me more hopeful that the USAC/Dodge City Raceway Park union works out for both the club and the track.

12/11/10, 2:45 PM   #7
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanfan55 View Post
The Lakeside Sprint Bandit show has always been a good one. Yes, the turnout of quality 410 cars has been marginal of late, but attendance is always good, the track is always very well prepared, and it's always been a great show. If it's true that SB is history, that's a real blow to those of us in Kansas (and neighboring states) who prefer traditional sprint cars. It just makes me more hopeful that the USAC/Dodge City Raceway Park union works out for both the club and the track.
Since Dodge City has two dates on the midget schedule and two dates on the sprint car schedule, it looks like USAC may be the promoter.

The traditional weekend of the Lakeside Sprint Bandit show already has USAC events planned elsewhere, but the next weekend is free on the USAC schedule. It would be great if it was a USAC show.

12/11/10, 3:19 PM   #8
oldfan49

Aug 19th and 20th is the dates Lakeside had left open for the Sprint Bandits. The Springfield Silver Crown race is the only conflict and that is every year and lots have flown back and forth.
USAC Knoxville, Oskaloosa, and Dodge City the week before with 2 more TBA announced dates. We can only pray the stars align on this one LOL.

Since this has always been a standing room only event I have to beleive they will work something out
Last edited by oldfan49; 12/11/10 at 3:36 PM.

12/11/10, 8:17 PM   #9
cshuman

Its a shame, I dont think there is one competitor that could find a bad thing to say about the Bandit series or any of its staff. Good format, good pay, good point fund, tow money. Something that is pretty hard to find in non wing racing these days...

12/11/10, 10:19 PM   #10
PittDude

That SUCKS...... That was the best racing I ever saw.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No ASCS Sprint Bandits this year