IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing at the PAS!
11/28/10, 6:38 AM   #1
Racing at the PAS!
Larryoracing

You would of thought you were back East last night. Shuman, Hines, Stanbrough and East. How many times do you hear those names on the West Coast? I will say Hines is a pleasure to watch. East was good and Damion is just "heck" on wheels. He is fast and scary. He is very entertaining.

The stands were not full. That is a problem. Don has his hands full on that one. Maybe 360's is the answer, I don't have the answers.

We had amazingly good weather and I don't think the racing gets much better, but I do not know how you sell sprint car racing. I'm just glad Don Kazarian is committed. We get one more year at least.

Sincerely,

Larry "O"

1 member likes this post: speed bump
11/28/10, 11:32 AM   #2
Re: Racing at the PAS!
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryoracing View Post
We had amazingly good weather
Larry "O"
Amazingly good weather? It was cold ( in the high 40s which is cold by California standards), windy and raining everywhere in the L.A. area and starting at the track after the heat races.

Thanks to the teams for helping us hustle through the show with no breaks between the heats and B & A mains. If we would have been 10 minutes later there is a good chance we would not have seen a full 30 lap main event.

5 members like this post: AustinSprinter, IndyBound, jerrydt, mowerman, sprintsrgr8
11/29/10, 1:21 AM   #3
Larryoracing

Scott, for me in the Dead of Winter the air was mild. I did not feel the cold, nor the wind. It started to sprinkle towards the end of the race.

But taking Cal Smith's suggestions from his post on Lance's message board, I did buy some $1.79 gloves and they helped. I did wear a Lakers cap which kept the cold air off my bald head and I did buy a $2.77 Red and Brown Christmas scarf that wrapped around my neck. I bought all this stuff and two packs of cigarettes at the 76 Union gas station one block away from my house.

And not that it helped, you could buy some nice 2009 Oval Nationals sweaters from the sovenier stand for $20.00. They really didn't have much left, they sold just about everything they had in stock.

But I will admit, the warmest clothes you can buy are a pair of NOMEX racing underwear, turtleneck top and long john bottoms. I wore those and that is why I probably didn't feel the cold air. That must of been why I was so comfortable.

The rain was heavy in LA, but not at the track. We didn't have any! The wind was fierce at in LA, but not at the track. For a race at the end of the year we had absolutely the best weather. We had a great race. I'm sorry you don't agree. I would say LA is approximately 100 miles from the race track. That is a long distance any way you look at it.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani

P.S. Don Kazarian said you were a great anouncer, maybe should practice your speaking skills and leave the negative posts in your dresser.
Last edited by Larryoracing; 11/29/10 at 1:26 AM.

11/29/10, 12:16 PM   #4
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryoracing View Post
leave the negative posts in your dresser.
Larry, disagreeing with your opinion does not constitute a negative post. If you think it does, my apologies to you.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
11/29/10, 12:28 PM   #5
RGardner

Message boards are a joke anymore! I agree Scott it was cold I had some friends that were headed out and when they stepped outsider to get inthere car and felt the cold and mist decided to just to stay home hard to get a good crowd with that. Not sure how you guys can fill the stands that's why I'm not a promotor but I just wish more people were like us where are only plan every Saturday is to have are butts in a seat somewhere at a dirt track.

Ronnie
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: gkaz, racephoto1, sprintsrgr8
11/30/10, 3:24 PM   #6
ISF

Perris Auto Speedway is one of the two or three best tracks I've ever had the pleasure of watching a race. I can't figure why they don't pack the place. The times I've been there you couldn't have asked for better track conditions and the facilities are second to none and the racing as good as I've ever seen. I sincerely hope the place can host races for the distant and foreseeable future and beyond.

I'd love to get back out there for the Oval Nationals but makin' a livin' is just one notch above that on our totem pole of priorities.

12/1/10, 8:20 AM   #7
Larryoracing

To Scott, apologies accepted...lol! If anything I will apologize to you. I guess I took your tone as being negative. All is good now.

To R. Gardner, I do not agree message boards are a joke. A lot of people enjoy these boards. I will say that Scott enjoys them and the thousands of viewers who tune into these boards to enjoy them, use them and have fun and hopefully learn. We all cannot afford to jump into a sprint car and run every saturday night, like you can. Lucky you!

To ISF here is a link to one of the best young drivers on the West Coast. He runs 410 wings, Chillibowl and 410 non-wings. Here is his race at Perris Auto Speedway at the Glenn Howard Memorial, last saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzOn3ZSV24s

I know he is always towards the front. I will say many times he's in the top 4-5 in the 410 Wings in Northern California. I haven't seen him run to many times in the 410 non-wings, but he finished 6th at the "Glenn". He made the "A" main event at last years Chillibowl.

He passed Spencer, Showtime Danny Sheridan and probably would of passed my favorite Tony Jones, but Tony dropped out because of a mechanical problems. He finished behind some of the finest racers in the country at the PAS. This is quite an achievement since he hasn't run that many non-wing 410 races. Hope you enjoy the video. I got it off his website.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani..sprint car fan...lol! And god bless you and all the people on this board.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing at the PAS!