IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac /cra divorce!
11/20/10, 10:33 PM   #1
Usac /cra divorce!
SUPERDUKE
Banned

The last dance is sat night at the pas! Remember i told you this last year!

11/20/10, 10:58 PM   #2
Re: Usac /cra divorce!
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Does that mean the Oval Nationals won't be a USAC National event anymore? I hope not, as if that's the case this year was probably my last Oval Nationals. Lets face it, the CRA alone isn't worth making the trip the whole way across the country to see. And if Emmett Hahn's group takes over what does that bring? Anyone that has attended the Sprint Bandit deal knows it isn't strong enough. Maybe a good format, but weak in car counts and name drivers.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Bruce Harrison
11/20/10, 11:46 PM   #3
RGardner

What are you sayin?
Posted via Mobile Device

11/21/10, 12:18 AM   #4
okienonwingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
Does that mean the Oval Nationals won't be a USAC National event anymore? I hope not, as if that's the case this year was probably my last Oval Nationals. Lets face it, the CRA alone isn't worth making the trip the whole way across the country to see. And if Emmett Hahn's group takes over what does that bring? Anyone that has attended the Sprint Bandit deal knows it isn't strong enough. Maybe a good format, but weak in car counts and name drivers.
Jeff, remember Emmett brought the bandits into an area that is not known for non wing cars. As well as alot of 410's. Although, each show the bandits have in Oklahoma has been a packed house as far as fans.
Last edited by okienonwingfan; 11/21/10 at 12:20 AM.

11/21/10, 8:25 AM   #5
Usac /cra divorce!!......
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
The last dance is sat night at the pas! Remember i told you this last year!
Wright'n it in da Book now DUKE!!....

11/21/10, 10:17 AM   #6
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienonwingfan View Post
Jeff, remember Emmett brought the bandits into an area that is not known for non wing cars. As well as alot of 410's. Although, each show the bandits have in Oklahoma has been a packed house as far as fans.
Mark my words "this is the future... non wing 360's" I love 410 rac'in but to be honest Venture's 360's was the best show on the planet this year on a week to week bases. Don't get me wrong ther was GREAT race's in Indiana but if you want non wing rac'in to expand and grow it has to be the way of the 360 and Emmitt has the one down pat, cause all across this great land of ours there are 5 times as many 360's as there are 410's....Indiana will be the very last to con-seed to this because they are KING of non wing rac'in and 410's are dormant there but elsewhere it is 360's

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

11/21/10, 11:17 AM   #7
Sausage

Well, its sad for me to read this, but the 410s with and without wings have been hurting in California for some time, and especially since the economy turned sour. I agree it could be the end of the Oval Nationals, at least as we know them. Looks like the interview with the track owner was more urgent than I thought. We moved from SoCal just over a year ago to Carmel IN. Used to enjoy getting out to the PAS as often as I could. I commend them for the quality of the track, announcer, cars, etc. and wondered why the stands were never full. Even the first two nights of the Nationals didn't pull a full house, even though it was the best racing. I hope they find the right combination to succeed cause I know there are a lot of hard working folks there who have poured their heart and soul into making the show work, and at least this shows they are willing to try something different. I know they have had problems with USAC for some years and didn't feel they were getting the full value of the brand.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Wayne Davis
11/21/10, 11:48 AM   #8
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
does that mean the oval nationals won't be a usac national event anymore? I hope not, as if that's the case this year was probably my last oval nationals. Lets face it, the cra alone isn't worth making the trip the whole way across the country to see. And if emmett hahn's group takes over what does that bring? Anyone that has attended the sprint bandit deal knows it isn't strong enough. Maybe a good format, but weak in car counts and name drivers.
yes

11/21/10, 11:55 AM   #9
SpfldMile

I talked to a pretty prominent owner/driver recently, a wing guy, who said there is almost no difference in cost between running a 360 as opposed to a 410. He said that the 410 might have to be rebuilt a couple of races sooner, but that is the only savings at all. It seems as though that everyone has been convinced that they are so much cheaper, there are a lot more 360's out there. USAC/CRA runs mostly at Perris and that is a big track where horsepower really matters. If they can get more cars to show up out there with 360's, then maybe it is healthier for the racing scene out there. Maybe the old SCRA can rise from the ashes. Anyway it would be sad to see USAC lose their presence out there and the great national-CRA events like the Ovals and the Vermiel.

11/21/10, 12:01 PM   #10
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfldmile View Post
i talked to a pretty prominent owner/driver recently, a wing guy, who said there is almost no difference in cost between running a 360 as opposed to a 410. He said that the 410 might have to be rebuilt a couple of races sooner, but that is the only savings at all. It seems as though that everyone has been convinced that they are so much cheaper, there are a lot more 360's out there. Usac/cra runs mostly at perris and that is a big track where horsepower really matters. If they can get more cars to show up out there with 360's, then maybe it is healthier for the racing scene out there. Maybe the old scra can rise from the ashes. Anyway it would be sad to see usac lose their presence out there and the great national-cra events like the ovals and the vermiel.
hello emmitt!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac /cra divorce!