IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
reeserx (Offline)
  #1 10/5/10 2:50 PM
i heard a nasty rumor that kokomo will not be running the entire month of august, anyone heard this or different?
Posted via Mobile Device
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #2 10/5/10 3:07 PM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
i heard a nasty rumor that kokomo will not be running the entire month of august, anyone heard this or different?
posted via mobile device
i have heard may,june,july....said they cannot make any money when school is in session
reeserx (Offline)
  #3 10/5/10 3:17 PM
that doesnt make any sense, kids 12 and under are free anyway, i think if oconner would of made up his 5 rain outs from this year, they wouldnt be hurtin IMO
Posted via Mobile Device
Eatin Dirt (Offline)
  #4 10/5/10 4:18 PM
That would be a shame, I teach school here in SE Indiana and can say it makes Mondays hard but that is because I have the drive home from Kokomo to Aurora. To be honest, they get you out early enough that it shouldn't be a problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed, I love coming up to Kokomo. Bob Bressert
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 10/5/10 6:44 PM
that doesnt make any sense, kids 12 and under are free anyway
Actually it makes a lot of sense if you looked at the grandstand in August. The place was pretty empty. Worked there before the O Conners had the place and the crowds always dropped off once school starts. This is just a rumor, so I wouldn't panic yet.
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #6 10/5/10 7:06 PM
that doesnt make any sense, kids 12 and under are free anyway, i think if oconner would of made up his 5 rain outs from this year, they wouldnt be hurtin IMO
Posted via Mobile Device
The rumor going around is that reeserx is going to foot the bill for all of next August because he is loaded with money. I have been going to Kokomo since the early sixties and can tell you when school starts the crowd drops to nothing. Very smart move on the O'Connors part in my opinion, wish we could run but they have to do what is best for them in the long run. reeserx it could be worse one month down is better than another race track going under.

Thank you O'Connor family for keeping Kokomo alive.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
11 Likes: batch56, bigq11, BrentTFunk, crawfordsville410fans, IndyBound, Jimmydiesel, jjsprt92, mowerman, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, racefan20
reeserx (Offline)
  #7 10/5/10 8:33 PM
if i could front the bill, i honestly would, im happy they are goin to run 3 months instead of none. im not complaining by no means
Posted via Mobile Device
terrehautian (Offline)
  #8 10/5/10 9:05 PM
Maybe they will run more races at THAT when they are not running Kokomo? That is assuming they get the contract to promote, still have not heard anything about Track enterprises having a promoting contract yet.
JEFFSTOY (Offline)
  #9 10/6/10 8:20 AM
i say dont start school till after labor day as in the good OLD days
3 Likes: Isaac Chapple Racing, mtek56, richie
T&A Racing (Offline)
  #10 10/6/10 9:42 PM
http://kokomotribune.com/sportscolum...-2011-schedule

I would not be to keen on trying Saturday again.
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, I Miss Manzy, racefan20