IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Guinn Wins Again at Marion County Fairgrounds
9/6/10, 3:48 AM   #1
Guinn Wins Again at Marion County Fairgrounds
Sandy Lowe

Georgetown’s Chris Guinn was victorious on Saturday night when the Midwest TQ Racing League™ presented by Vincennes University competed at the Marion County Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Ind.

Guinn started on the outside front row, took the lead from Brayton Leisure on lap two, and went on to lead the final twenty-four laps to capture his second career feature win. Guinn’s first victory came less than six weeks ago at the same Indianapolis oval when he won at the Marion County Fair on July 26th. Chasing Guinn to the checkered flag was defending MTQRL champion Tate Martz, CJ Leary, Nick Speidel and Ronnie Combs.

Martz started the evening off by setting quick time when he turned a lap of 14.604 seconds around the flat fairgrounds oval. Leary won the Jackson Oil & Solvents Duel for Fuel while Martz’s third place finish clinched the Jackson Oil & Solvents Duel for Fuel championship.

Heat winners were Jason Willis, Combs (twice), Guinn and AJ Jobe. Contingency awards went to Combs (INOX Slick Move of the Race), Kyle Lux (Duane & Sonja Alexander Hard Luck Driver) and Speidel (Ward’s Apparel Hard Charger).

Leary was named the Tony Stewart Racing Rookie of the Race and with only three races remaining on the 2010 schedule has clinched the Tony Stewart Racing Rookie of the Year title.

Another rookie, Caleb Faulkner, declined the Green Tech Tail Gunner Challenge which would have been worth an extra $1,000 if he could have won the feature after relinquishing his pole position and starting from the rear of the field. At the next race where qualifications are contested the challenge will now be worth an extra $1,100.

A drawing was held at the drivers meeting and $50 gift certificates were awarded to Rouse (Jackson Oil) and Jobe (Ward’s Apparel).

Martz continues to lead the season standings over Leary, Willis, Guinn and Speidel. Martz also leads the Ward’s Apparel Hard Charger standings (over Leary), while Leary leads the Tony Stewart Foundation Leader of the Pack standings (over Martz).

The next race on the MTQRL schedule will be Saturday evening September 11th at the Shelby County Fairgrounds in Shelbyville, Ind. Practice is set to begin at 5:00 pm, qualifications are at 6:00 pm and racing begins at 7:00 pm.

For more information please visit www.mtqrl.com.

MIDWEST TQ RACING LEAGUE™ presented by Vincennes University
September 4, 2010 – Indianapolis, Indiana – Marion County Fairgrounds

Fast Time – Tate Martz, 14.604 seconds

Jackson Oil & Solvents Duel for Fuel – 1. CJ Leary, 2. Rick Robinson, 3. Tate Martz, 4. Kyle Lux.

Heat 1 – 1. Jason Willis, 2. Chris Guinn, 3. Brayton Leisure, 4. Caleb Faulkner, 5. Jon Steed, 6. Brett Hankins, DNS Chris Mann.

Heat 2 – 1. Ronnie Combs, 2. Chad Rouse, 3. Craig Eaglin, 4. AJ Jobe, 5. Rob Walton, 6. David Craig, DNS Nick Speidel.

Heat 3 – 1. Chris Guinn, 2. Tate Martz, 3. Rob Walton, 4. Brayton Leisure, 5. David Craig, 6. CJ Leary.

Heat 4 – 1. Ronnie Combs, 2. Jason Willis, 3. Rick Robinson, 4. Caleb Faulkner, 5. Chad Rouse, 6. Chris Mann.

Heat 5 – 1. AJ Jobe, 2. Nick Speidel, 3. Kyle Lux, 4. Jon Steed, 5. Craig Eaglin, 6. Brett Hankins.

Feature – 1. Chris Guinn, 2. Tate Martz, 3. CJ Leary, 4. Nick Speidel, 5. Ronnie Combs, 6. Rob Walton, 7. Rick Robinson, 8. AJ Jobe, 9. Chad Rouse, 10. Brayton Leisure, 11. Jon Steed, 12. David Craig, 13. Jason Willis, 14. Brett Hankins, 15. Kyle Lux, 16. Caleb Faulkner, DNS Craig Eaglin, DNS Chris Mann.

Lap Leaders – 1 Brayton Leisure, 2-25 Chris Guinn.

INOX Slick Move of the Race – Ronnie Combs
Duane & Sonja Alexander Hard Luck Driver – Kyle Lux
Tony Stewart Racing Rookie of the Race – CJ Leary
Ward’s Apparel Hard Charger – Nick Speidel (+13)
Green Tech Tail Gunner Challenge – Declined (Caleb Faulkner)
Jackson Oil & Solvents $50 Gift Certificate – Chad Rouse
Ward’s Apparel $50 Gift Certificate – AJ Jobe
Chris Pederson Photo’s $25 Fast Time Award – Tate Martz

Point Standings – 1. Tate Martz-1,850; 2. CJ Leary-1,690; 3. Jason Willis-1,568; 4. Chris Guinn-1,461; 5. Nick Speidel-1,184; 6. Rick Robinson-1,127; 7. Caleb Faulkner-1,017; 8. Chris Mann-966; 9. Tim Lynch-860; 10. Kyle Lux-827.

Next Race – September 12 – Shelbyville, Indiana – Shelby County Fairgrounds

9/6/10, 4:47 PM   #2
Re: Guinn Wins Again at Marion County Fairgro
yamaha

Felt sorry for Kyle Lux and Jason Willis when Tate took them out. Oh well I guess thats racing

9/6/10, 7:14 PM   #3
TQ29m

Yamaha, Jason had a water hose come off, the other "incident" is under review. Bob

9/6/10, 7:36 PM   #4
racerjim2

That wasn't much of a birthday present Bob. Hope #29M isn't hurt too bad.

I really didn't see anything much in the way of rough driving this week. But I saw some good racing.

9/6/10, 8:05 PM   #5
yamaha

Good bob its needs to be

9/7/10, 8:14 AM   #6
midgetracer

Congratulations Chris on your feature win!!

9/7/10, 8:24 AM   #7

Was alot of fun working with the midwest group. Hope you guys liked the filler show.

Congrats Chris on your win.

2 members like this post: TQ29m, TqMidget41&84
9/7/10, 12:46 PM   #8
Shawn

I find it pretty funny that after searching past posts by "yamaha", most weren't positive, at all. In fact, they were mainly from two threads. One was discussing the formation of MTQRL and the other was about Tate Martz. Keep in mind, these posts were far from supporting the MTQRL, or Tate (aside from being glad that Tate was okay). Could this be a classic case of "stirring the pot"?

I applaud the MTQRL for reviewing situations, instead of making a bad call, then having to change it two or three times. Hopefully, this will be applied to all races, racers, etc. I remember a race earlier this season at Rushville where the winner didn't get to the front cleanly, we'll say. It wasn't made public, but there's probably a good chance that it was reviewed, too...at least I hope!

9/7/10, 1:12 PM   #9
TQ29m

Shawn, glad to hear from you, been a while. I didn't do the research that you did, but am still puzzled, that's why I answered his post as I did, this is not a "hunting ground" for misguided questions and answers. Thanks for your informative input! Bob

9/8/10, 1:09 AM   #10
tqracer65

isnt this about Chris Guinn getting another win at Marion County. Great job Chris well deservered. That 5g is workin good
Last edited by tqracer65; 9/8/10 at 1:11 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Guinn Wins Again at Marion County Fairgrounds