IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Lawrenceburg Speedway Drivers and Teams
8/19/10, 9:51 AM   #21
Re: Attn: Lawrenceburg Speedway Drivers and T
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
I believe that the DT3 has won every race, if not every race then the very strong majority. I do not know why allowing the option of tires would keep guys at home?
The Hoosier DT-3 has been in the winners circle at every sprint car race this year at Lawrenceburg. I only know of one car that has been running the American MC-3 at Lawrenceburg recently.

1 member likes this post: JackSam40
8/20/10, 8:43 AM   #22
Cincinnati Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
By allowing only the same tire as all other tracks in Indiana (except Paragon) you take the tires out of the picture. There are some teams
that do not go simply because there is an option of tires. DT3's and have someone in the push lane with a durometer who knows how to use it.

It would be interesting to list the feature winners this year and what tire was on for those wins. Do the MS3's win most, the DT3 or is it fairly even?
A durometer check would nice. If you are going to enforce a spec tire rule. You need to be able to police it as well. A visual check in the stagging area doesn't cut it. I've seen some pretty shiny tires come out of those big rigs from time to time.

8/20/10, 4:15 PM   #23
merice

Can someone please explain to this dumb race fan what the difference between the tires are.I keep reading on here about the tires ,but don't have a clue what it means.Is there that much difference in them . Thanks to whoever will explain this to me.

8/20/10, 4:29 PM   #24
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

There should not be a compound difference. There is about a $50 cost difference list price. The American Racer is cheaper to the average racer. Most of the top drivers are on a Hoosier deal ( 65% of list )which gives them a lower cost than list price ($198) for a Hoosier DT3, and puts it at or lower then the American Racer. Then the top team sells the used tire to a lower team ($65 to $75) and recovers about half of their money. The reason Lawrenceburg does not see anyone using an Amercian Racer anymore is that if a lower financed team is going to put out ANY money, it has to be on a tire that they can go anywhere with. I am going to quote Dave Rudisell from last year for something I applauded him for: "I am not going to make you use a certain tire brand, even though McDonalds sponors our track I would not make you eat there if you did not want to."

8/20/10, 5:04 PM   #25
Big Willy

Would you like fries with that???

8/20/10, 7:35 PM   #26
USAC Fan

2 years ago when the DT3 came out, Dave had the teams vote on what they wanted. They voted open tire. Everyone complained.

Now, Dave had the teams vote on what they wanted. They voted DT3. Everyone complains.

Is it any wonder Dave doesn't board the place up and learn to spend his money on better damn things to do? Dave pays the best purses, he's got the best track in the state, he never gets the support he deserves and gets all the complaints he doesn't.

8/20/10, 9:30 PM   #27
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Fan View Post
2 years ago when the DT3 came out, Dave had the teams vote on what they wanted. They voted open tire. Everyone complained.

Now, Dave had the teams vote on what they wanted. They voted DT3. Everyone complains.

Is it any wonder Dave doesn't board the place up and learn to spend his money on better damn things to do? Dave pays the best purses, he's got the best track in the state, he never gets the support he deserves and gets all the complaints he doesn't.
well said

8/21/10, 12:08 PM   #28
chuckwells69

Where are all the tires going that hoosier gives the track?

8/21/10, 12:28 PM   #29
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Fan View Post

Last year the vote was spec tire No brand. Was there another vote this year?

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Dave said the money from Hoosier goes to the point fund. Why not make it a real points fund. In the days of SCRA in California they had a rule requiring three corners to have Hoosiers on the car. Left front did not matter. In return Hoosier gave $25,000 to the point fund.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Lawrenceburg Speedway Drivers and Teams