IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Christmas at burg
7/24/10, 11:45 PM   #11
Re: Christmas at burg
Pine

Thanks fishnman...sounds like a great race... Congrats to team Gullick on the win...

7/25/10, 12:01 AM   #12
I Miss Manzy

Congrats,Iceman!!

1 member likes this post: TeamCGR
7/25/10, 12:16 AM   #13
38DD

Did Ballou try to fight the crowd this time or Gulick?

7/25/10, 12:22 AM   #14
mtek56

The duel with Gullick and Ballou was indeed the best duel I saw this year at the burg. They were running high, low, and the middle. Both were all over each other for damn near the whole race. Congrats to Coleman with the win. Burdette looked as if he was gonna steal the win from third just like Shuman did in the B. Track was real racey and fast tonight. It was Christmas in July

2 members like this post: skids59, TeamCGR
7/25/10, 12:57 AM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Gullick started 5th while Ballou and Short started on the pole. By lap six Coleman took command and had a low line that just seemed faster especially in 3-4. However lapped traffic came into play and Coleman went high at times and ballou reeled him in The were literally within a couple lengths of each other for virtually laps 6-24. Coming for the White flag Ballou had a run down the front straight in which I believe he might have got the lead but Coleman came up a bit kinda pinching the momentum of Ballou. Coleman then took a middle line thru 1-2 and ballou on the wall had another run for the back straight, IDK if Coleman got a bit sideways or what but he was high and then was diving back to the bottom (His fastest line thru 3/4. Robert had the run on the last lap down the back straight and appeared to try to dive under Coleman just as he was going for the same spot. It wasn't pretty but Coleman was able to continue after Ballou litterally ran over the back of his LR and flipped over Coleman.

I really hope Robert is ok. Congrats to Coleman, He earned it and was hooked up. Brady and Burdette could have been thrown under a blanket with Coleman in the Green, White Checker finish.

Track was wide with two great grooves and racin all over the place. The mod race had great racing with the third place coming from 15th.

The Pure Stocks. WOW! The guy who won at least started 10th was putting his car three wide and passed the car who dominated most of the race with about four to go!

Great night of racing. Was actually going to go elsewhere and Im glad they got their show in. I felt I missed nothing! Thanks to Burg staff, Teams that came and drivers.

A SCORCHING CHRISTMAS BOTH ON AND OFF THE TRACK!

1 member likes this post: skids59
7/25/10, 2:42 AM   #16
v8j

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38DD View Post
Did Ballou try to fight the crowd this time or Gulick?
NO! but Ballou and Gulick drove one of the BEST races

1 member likes this post: TeamCGR
7/25/10, 12:23 PM   #17
fishnman

One thing of note also: Besides being the best "Featch" I have seen this year, "Mr." Gullick gave a great post race interview, very well spoken and classy

2 members like this post: mtek56, TeamCGR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Christmas at burg