IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri State Tonight
7/18/10, 12:06 PM   #71
Re: Tri State Tonight
Hamby812

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I was watching BC as much as I was the leaders and he got a wheel into Bland but I didnt see him "run into 4 cars in the process" who else did he "run over"??
DG, gross, and cant remember the other one, farther back in the pack prior to him getting into bland.

7/18/10, 1:44 PM   #72
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby812 View Post
DG, gross, and cant remember the other one, farther back in the pack prior to him getting into bland.
You must have been watching a different race than I was. He took about 7 laps getting past Gardner probably kept him from getting into the top 3 later. If he was gonna give DG the wheel he would have done it right away and moved on. Besides you complain about BC when Cone INTENTIONALLY tries to hurt KT Jr. I think you must have some kind of axe to grind against BC in the first place. What BC did was just racin and he sure wasnt the only one that made contact out there. Maybe we should put governors on those motors so they go slower and dont break their wheels in the corners. If they are going slow enough maybe they wont touch and you could have a perfect race, everyone going 40 MPH around the bottom and no contact between cars. Geesh!

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/18/10, 3:18 PM   #73
Pete166

Tri-State main was great looked like a fast racy track ... Ventura was pretty good also... it was absolutely awesome timing that the Tri-State main was broadcast while Ventura was reworking the track ..... this puter race chasin is not to bad if can not be there in person !

7/18/10, 4:05 PM   #74
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

My first trip down to Tri-State and what a treat. Kudos to the track crew for prepping a track that is so competitive under the heat and sun we have been having. Congrats to Blake and Jon! What a week!! I have enjoyed spending my vacation with all of you. Can't wait until next year..

7/18/10, 4:44 PM   #75
ThePurple73

I appreciate the track for hosting the event, there is no better racing than USAC sprints.
I actually believe the additional water added and roughing up, and resealing the track after qualifying and heats, add to the eventual track "dust storm". It seems after a track is initially watered and moisture worked in, the moisture works it way up during the show. When the track is later "redone", and repacked, there seems to be a layer that is thown off imediately by the size of tires and shear horsepower on the surface. The top layer thown off is turned to silt and blown by the tires rather than becoming a cushion from the initial watering. This definately has a big effect on vision and control, and outcome of the race. Racing modifieds also adds to the depletion of the surface.
I can appreciate with the weather being as hot as it was, track preparation would be challenging at best. But some folks saying the track was "great" is wishful thinking.

1 member likes this post: bigq11
7/18/10, 6:30 PM   #76
sc17x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurple73 View Post
I appreciate the track for hosting the event, there is no better racing than USAC sprints.
I actually believe the additional water added and roughing up, and resealing the track after qualifying and heats, add to the eventual track "dust storm". It seems after a track is initially watered and moisture worked in, the moisture works it way up during the show. When the track is later "redone", and repacked, there seems to be a layer that is thown off imediately by the size of tires and shear horsepower on the surface. The top layer thown off is turned to silt and blown by the tires rather than becoming a cushion from the initial watering. This definately has a big effect on vision and control, and outcome of the race. Racing modifieds also adds to the depletion of the surface.
I can appreciate with the weather being as hot as it was, track preparation would be challenging at best. But some folks saying the track was "great" is wishful thinking.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

*** ?
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: rclaridge, skids59
7/18/10, 7:40 PM   #77
illiNOISE

Quote:
Racing modifieds also adds to the depletion of the surface.
They only had 17 mods racing in two heats, and the mod feature ran after the sprint feature, so I'm not sure we can fairly blame them for drying out the track.

7/18/10, 8:10 PM   #78
Rpracing1

Quote:

Let me see here..You first post here right.... Must have been your first visit to a dirt track also. I did not see a "dust storm" last....We have had an equator equivalent heat wave for the last three weeks. Sorry, track prep does just not occur in the evening of a race........Few out there know the dynamics of track prep like Helfrich and his crew.. I think that you are destined to be crucified on this web site.......JMO

1 member likes this post:
7/18/10, 10:47 PM   #79
SoIllSprinter

And crucified he shall be. I'm not sure that race in and race out you will find a better prepped surface. Mr. Helfrich is a meticulous man and though some may not like the green paint (though I did notice some new yellow iron on the track) on the track he is doing what his many years of work and study have proven to be effective. He tries to put on the best show possible for the fans. He could save himself quite a bit of money if he just prepped it to start the show and let it go, but he wants the best racing service possible. Please don't use the argument he can sell more hot dogs, he could do that with a regular intermission and no track work. I don't post often, but I always have to travel a long distance to see a quality sprint car race and TSS has delivered that for me for at least 25 years. Great track, great people.

3 members like this post: RGraves, Rpracing1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri State Tonight