Danny Smith
bowbuild

Any updates on Danny Smith?

7/11/10, 6:24 PM   #2
Re: Danny Smith
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Update - 6/23 - Danny continues to recover from Monday's surgery on his back and has taken a walk today and is also sitting up in chair. Danny should be released in approximately 3 days, which will of course start a long road of therapy and recovery.

Update - 6/24 - Danny is scheduled to be released on Friday and would like to thank everyone for the cards, texts, emails, phone calls, donations, prayers and support.

Update - 6/25 - What a difference a week makes. One week ago Danny suffered injuries during a violent crash while qualifying at Attica. After a 4 hour surgery on Monday, Danny is headed back home later today to start the recovery and rehabilitation process. Danny wants to continue to thank everyone for their support and encouragement.

Update - 6/30 - Danny back to the hospital today for a follow up visit. Doctor said that the x-ray looked good. Also had over 30 staples removed during the visit. Danny will be in a brace for at least the next three months, which of course means that his driving season for 2010 is over. However, look for some Knoxville National plans to be announced very soon.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, jim goerge
7/11/10, 6:40 PM   #3
PAW

I just wrote his name on a $20 Bill where can I send it to???? He's had some tough years...

7/11/10, 7:08 PM   #4
Bobv

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
I just wrote his name on a $20 Bill where can I send it to???? He's had some tough years...
If you go to Danny's website there is a place at the bottom of the page to donate to his recovery fund:

http://www.dannysmithracing.com/

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PAW
7/11/10, 11:09 PM   #5
Bad Dad 54

Glad to hear Danny Smith is doing ok, saw the video of the crash. Scared me, surprised thats all the injuries he had. Doc's now days could've put humpty Dumpty back together. God Bless Danny & Family they've been through a rough time.

7/12/10, 6:09 AM   #6
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I talked to one of the guys that helps wrench on the car at Lawrenceburg. He said they had a cookout at his place last week. Danny is doing pretty well considering. He said once he gets the brace off, he wants to go right back to racing. He'd like to return by the World Finals at Charlotte, but doesn't know if he will be able to. They are going to have an AU driver in the car for Knoxville (can't remember his name). Danny's doing a little repaying for being treated so well when he goes down under.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danny Smith