IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo updates
7/5/10, 10:43 PM   #31
Re: Kokomo updates
streetglider

RF20-if you think that Kokomo is fielding QUALITY cars week in and week out then i would have to question your racing knowledge and or judgement. Nobody is knocking the hours and effort of these slower cars, they work just as hard as the front runners only with limited budgets. Been there done that! The sport NEEDS these guys!If you spent as much time wrenching a car or studying the history of these cars instead of sitting on your computer with your bag of Cheetos you would understand my point, which was the car count IS LOW AT KOKOMO and you cant dispute that!!!!

7/5/10, 10:46 PM   #32
davidlyons

Like always it was a great race. You can always find a great race to watch at Kokomo. Granted Blake and Chris checked out early. (Started 1 and 2). But the rest of the cars put on one hell of a show.

How did Justin Grant get to 3rd.??? Answer: Drove his A$$ off.
HMM! Yellow with 5 to go???? Might have been another winner.

Justin Grant: Hey Kid, That was awesome to watch. High, low, middle; I saw him pass cars in every groove. In fact he passed Messural twice on the bottom and once on the top, before shaking the back passes of Tmez.

Then he passed Jon on the bottom, and then again on the top. Had a great battle with Cottle on the bottom and the middle.

I like to watch him run the top, but he was equally impressive on the bottom last night. Congrats to the entire Baldwin "TEAM" on that one!

Also: don't bash Jamie until you know all the facts. I honestly don't think it was intentional. Brakes maybe, or he missed the end of the race. When Justin parked by him after the race, I did see Jamie gesture to him pointing to himself as to say, "My Bad, Sorry"

Dave

7/5/10, 10:59 PM   #33
D.N.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Exactly correct, Kokomo is now a one-groove horsepower track. You have to have monster horsepower to win there. I crack up at all the people on here talking about 3 and 4 wide racing but the winner is always running the top.

I know you've got to be joking?!?

7/5/10, 11:02 PM   #34
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
RF20-if you think that Kokomo is fielding QUALITY cars week in and week out then i would have to question your racing knowledge and or judgement. Nobody is knocking the hours and effort of these slower cars, they work just as hard as the front runners only with limited budgets. Been there done that! The sport NEEDS these guys!If you spent as much time wrenching a car or studying the history of these cars instead of sitting on your computer with your bag of Cheetos you would understand my point, which was the car count IS LOW AT KOKOMO and you cant dispute that!!!!
I didnt dispute that the car count was a little down from last year if you would stop spewing long enough to read you might have caught that. At least I have the balls to put my name to my opinions. You say you have all this judgement and experience but you wont come out of the closet and tell us who you are. I cant really believe anything you say as long as you hide behind your screen name and spew crap. Pretty much all the posters responding to your diatribe have disagreed with you. Let it die dude.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/5/10, 11:09 PM   #35
JG

Jamie and I talked after the race, he came down to my pit to apologize for getting into me after the checkers. Said that it was in no way intentional and he had not seen the checkered flag.

No hard feelings there.

7 members like this post: K9Racer, Mud Packer, oldfan49, PJ Wright, R A K, speed bump, T&A Racing
7/6/10, 4:53 AM   #36
T&A Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
I think us less credential individuals have given very valid, no....factual reasons to your question. I am wondering how anyone with vast racing knowledge couldn't figure that out by themselves. JMO

On another note that someone made about Sundays effecting car count. I agree with that as well. But please never let Kokomo go back to Saturdays. Not good. Very doubtful the car counts would increase. To many Saturday tracks in Indiana alone, not to mention regionally. When Kokomo did try Saturdays, the economy was better and it seems there were more teams that have since sold out. However, the car counts were marginal.
Last edited by T&A Racing; 7/6/10 at 4:59 AM.

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, PJ Wright
7/6/10, 11:10 AM   #37
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I dont use my real name on here, but since everyone is so adamant about it

my name is Duke Cook

7/6/10, 11:13 AM   #38
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris nunn View Post
i dont use my real name on here, but since everyone is so adamant about it

my name is duke cook

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/6/10, 11:16 AM   #39
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris nunn View Post
i dont use my real name on here, but since everyone is so adamant about it

my name is duke cook

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/6/10, 11:59 AM   #40
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24