IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at ORP
6/7/10, 12:24 PM   #11
Re: USAC at ORP
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8j View Post
and that is wrong !!!!they need to be involved !

Exactly, it is hard for the promoter or local track to advertise who is going to be there to race if they have no contact or information from the sanctioning body. In the case of the Oswego race the rumor mill tells me they have no one to promote that race, I will be pleasantly surprised if I get to see the Siver Crown cars run at the track I grow up at for the second year in a row. I am hoping!!!! Also hope ORP runs a USAC sprint car race this Thursday, can never get the need for a pavement fix out of my blood, it's how I grew up.

Patti

6/7/10, 12:31 PM   #12
Avon Open Wheel fan

I thought that USAC could not find a promoter for ORP so they are promoting the events at ORP themselves. So this makes even less sense for USAC to not advertise.

6/7/10, 1:57 PM   #13
hoosierhillbilly

USAC is watching. Just got an email from them for this race. Tix are $20.
Posted via Mobile Device

6/7/10, 2:13 PM   #14
USAC Sprints at ORP..6/10
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
USAC is watching. Just got an email from them for this race. Tix are $20.
Posted via Mobile Device
HEADS UP!!....on the Email Newsletter just rec'd from USAC Office....bring copy of it... to ticket office n' $ave $3.00 off $20.00 price!!..thanks USAC...thats what we're talkin bout!!!.....Discounts on Tix'!!!....also listen 2nite to D.O's show!!!...with K. Miller sched.again!!..

6/7/10, 2:55 PM   #15
Hank P.

Does anyone know what cars/drivers we might see Thursday night at ORP? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hank

6/7/10, 2:56 PM   #16
JBX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
How is this wrong? They are the PROMOTER for a reason, to PROMOTE the race. USAC is a sanctioning body.
Wow...Amazing comment, HEAD. I'm just flabbergasted at that logic...

Makes you wonder what the mindset there at USAC really is...That's really not USAC's thinking, is it?

The only logic to gather from this is that it must be a supreme privilege for any promoter to host USAC. The race promoter's responsibility must be to do ALL the promotion; fill the stands; and (wait for it) pay a premium purse for absolutely little to no effort from USAC.

Hhhhmmmm....Race promotion definitely is a rewarding job, huh?

6/7/10, 3:29 PM   #17
racefan20

They must be the promoter for those ORP races because they already have it scheduled to be videocasted on their site. usually they wait until an hour or so before the event to reveal that they are videocasting the race. I am going since it is only 5 minutes from home but I doubt the crowd will be very big.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/7/10, 3:31 PM   #18
TQ29m

That's the middle man's reward, they just broker the event, and take their cut, everything else is left up to the poor promotor/track owner, keeps them outa "harms way", makes sense to me, I could do that! Bob

6/7/10, 3:41 PM   #19
JordanBlanton

Any other classes, or is this a stand-alone sprint car show? Does anybody know the start times?

6/7/10, 4:45 PM   #20
richie

Goodguys Hot Rod Show is this weekend Fri-Sun at ORP as well. Maybe some early birds to that show will stop by on Thursday night. If you have a Goodguys ticket, it is $10 off for the USAC Sprint show.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at ORP